The Bathroom

"oh, yeah, sure" Carol answered, putting her camera away in the bag, pretty much embarrassed "so, hm, you know that door that says 'bathroom' right across the hall? That's, that's it" she said, pointing to the bathroom door.

 "Oh, funny funny" he laughed " I'm so distracted, I haven't slept in like, two days, so forgive me".

 "I get it, I've been just sleep walking for the last 3 days " Carol stood up, putting her headphone on only one ear, as she always does, the other one needs to be free, to well, listen to the costumers " Do you need anything else? " she put her apron and a little notebook with a pen on her apron pocket.

 "Yes, your name" he said, very confident.

Carol stood surprised, no customer ever asked her name, just...what's on the menu. For a fast moment she felt back in brazil, where people actually care about your name and are, many times, very friendly. Since she got to LA, maybe by her fear of speaking English to native speakers, she never made a friend, neither had a boyfriend. She did hook up with a guy or two, but never had romance or feeling. Carol always felt very objectified, because every time she mentioned she was Brazilian, guys would always say something sexual and , like "oh Brazilians girls, very sexy and big butts, right?" or something about carnaval.

 "I-I'm Carol" she stuttered, putting on her badge, with her name.

"I'm Ben, it was nice surprising you" he smiled " keep doing whatever you were doing!" he pointed at the camera, "Photographing?" she answered, a little confused, but also wanting to laugh, "Yes, photographing" he reaffirmed " also serving pizza because I'm starving" he smiled, "I will, sir Ben" she joked.

He gave her one last smile and left, to the wrong side. Carol hurried up, stood at the door, about to scream the path to the bathroom, but as soon as she opened her mouth to say, he changed the course of his walk, laughing at her, about this little stupid mistake. His laugh made her laugh, something she only used to do with her friends, back at the house. She felt her cheeks blush, as she bit her lower lip, thinking about how nice he was and handsome...

"Carol, get back to work for fucks sake" Josh, her rude manager yelled, with his face all sweaty and greasy. She though he was disgusting. He remembered her of a boss she had when she was a trainee back in college and she always hated that guy.

She tied part of her hair up, so it wouldn't fall on her face, but some hair would always be a rebel, that's what happens when you have short hair, she thought. Then she put her Queen playlist on random. She closed her eyes, feeling a small smile forming, as Death on Two Legs begun. It was her favorite song. Carol always imagined herself having a big famous rock band, close to Queen, singing on a big stage to iconic songs. Since she was 8 she was addicted to rock music, she remembers the first time she ever listened to queen, it was bohemian rhapsody, as she got her fathers pendrive with only rock and blues, putting on the computer to listen to it everyday. It was like a fire burning inside of her, her passion turned into endless flames, not much longer, she could be found in front of the mirror, with her dad's old band microphone, singing to any Queen song, trying to perform like Freddie. If she could only get a chance to...

"CAROL DON'T MAKE ME ASK AGAIN" her manager yelled again

 "You really don't know the difference between asking and commanding right" she answered, very moody.

 "Are you pmsing again? I bet you are, that's why I told Lucas to never hire women, you guys are so not obedient" he shook his head, in disapproval.

 "Machista escroto da porra", she said to herself, in Portuguese, which means "sexists piece of shit".

 "I TOLD YOU NOT TO SPEAK SPANISH AT WORK" he yelled, "Oh my fucking god josh you are so xenophobic" she sighted, "GO ANSWER THE  TABLES CAROL" he yelled one last  time, "FINE" she gave up on arguing.

Carol walked out very angry, Josh didn't even let her enjoy the song, when she realized, it was already playing I want to break free, and well, that was comic, because she really wanted to break free. She walked pass two tables, stepping angrily, turning up the volume of her phone.

"Carol!" a voice she never heard before called her name, she looked back, very confused.

"Yeah?" she answered, confused.