Someone like me

"How's your arm doing?" Ben said, while drinking a cup of strong coffee.

"Oh, it's better" Carol answered, looking at the long sleeve shirt she was using, hiding the bruise "thank you for letting me stay at your place, I wouldn't know what to say to the girls and they would definitely notice something was wrong", she passed her hand softly on her hurt arm.

Carol set on Ben's lap, as he held her close, hugging her by the waist, he gave her a soft kiss on the forehead and drank some more. Ben took the entire week of so he could take care of her, he had to insist for her to eat, to take a bath, to move, to speak, even after getting the best news of her life, the weight of what happened was still crushing  her hard, but he wouldn't give up on her, especially not after he heard the three words, I love you. He wrapped a strand of her hair on his finger, twisting it around, watching as she stared into nothingness. He could see she wanted to tell  him something, but he wouldn't force it, ever.

"I..." she started talking, but then came back into silence, taking some time to break it again "I want you to know some things about me that might make you reconsider loving me and being with me" she set straight, face to face "I've been dealing with depression an anxiety my whole life, pretty much...I had an abusive father and I was not very popular in school and with that I mean i was the weird kid that liked rock and roll and had divorced parents...not the best looking too, which got me stuck between bullying and having toxic relationships, begging for love and doing anything to have someone caring about me... and that...that led me to self harm...I know that  sounds ridiculous but that's...that's me" she let out a nervous little laugh "and I'm doing well, I just wanted you to know that, I'm fine, I've been fine for the last 2 years, no relapses, I'm still alive and I intend to stay alive, but I understand if you don't wanna be with someone like me, I completely understand if you want to leave, I will be ok" she held her hands tighter, trying to not appear as shaky as she really was "but I also want you to know that you brought light back in to my life, I feel so much better knowing you are right beside me, you give me strength to keep going and follow my dreams, I felt like I was only living without you, just trying to survive, waiting for the day I would feel alive again and...and then you came and you swiped me off my feet making me believe in happiness and true love, I can live without you, I just don't want to".

Ben sat there, feeling the heavy look of Carol falling upon him. He didn't expect her to pour all of those feeling, but that didn't scare him. All of the insecurities Carol had, that she thought would make him leave her, felt so illogical to him, all of that just made her a more vivid person, a person that takes way more seriously love, relationships, feelings...she was more real than anyone he met before. Nothing of that scared him, he didn't want to run away, he wanted to get closer, get to know her even better and help her trough all the bad things  that might come.

"Carol, my dear, I love you" he held her face with his two hands "you don't scare me, you're not the monster you think you are, you're a beautiful human, with a tender heart and filled with talent, I will be here for you, for as long as you want me".

Carol kissed him softly, then hugged him, snuggling in his arms, feeling a small smile grow on her face. Ben finished his coffee and laid down above Carol, resting his face on her breasts, closing his eyes and enjoying the calm moment, as she stroked his hair softly. She looked down at that handsome boy that truly loved her, and she truly loved him, just watching his beautiful trades, his nose, his bony cheeks, his beautiful jaw line, his blonde angel golden hair...everything about him made her fall in love.

"So, do you wanna celebrate the New Year or...just lay down and sleep? We can do whatever  you want, whatever makes you feel comfortable" Ben said, looking up to her.

"Oh, what were you planning on doing?" she asked, not knowing what to say.

"I was going to spent it at Joe's house, its near the beach and our friends were going too, but I wanna be with you" he hugged her waist.

"I would love to come, we should have a nice moment, don't you think?" she gave a soft smile.

"Anything for you, my love" he smiled, getting his phone "I'll text the boys, it will be fun!".

"I'm sure it will, but now, what about we watch some Orange is the new Black? I missed a couple episode and I know you like it too".

"I'm going to make some popcorn so we can watch, okay?" He said, getting up.

Carol whispered a "okay" as she watch him move to the kitchen, she smiled, looking at him, the love of her life.

She was in love with him.

She was in love with Ben Hardy.