Doing All Right

Carol was starving and Ben noticed that. He paid not one, but two burgers, a coke and some fries for her. She devoured it like that was going to be her last meal. He loved the fact that Carol was so spontaneous, she didn't mind to get a bit weird, not too girly, she was herself and unique, that caught Ben's attention when he first put her eyes on her, trying to photograph something, seeming so instigated by whatever was out there. Her make up was already fading a bit and he could see the dark circles under her eyes starting to show up. That did not scare him, not even thought that would make her less attractive, actually, that only made him like her even more, she was still, very beautiful, without make up.

"Are you going to stare at me or will you eat your burger?" Carol said, provocative.

Ben smiled, giving a big bite on his burger, getting his face dirty, which made Carol laugh and him too. She wiped the cheddar off the side of his mouth and then she licked it, in a very provocative way. Ben was surprised by that, he didn't expect her to be that sassy, especially not on the first "date", but he definitely loved that, she wasn't afraid to do what she wanted and that was very sexy to him.

"You must really love cheddar" He said, licking his mouth and all Carol could think was that she wanted to bite his lower lip.

"Indeed is my favorite burger" she finished her second burger, and then took a big sip of her coke " oh and thank you for the burger, I promise I'll pay you back".

"You don't have to, take it as a present for you " He replied " also I own you for being so late"

"Don't worry about that, blondie"

"Blondie? " he laughed.

"It's a great nickname and a great band, also you're very blonde " she explained herself " By the way, I always had a crush on blondes, maybe it was because my first big idol crush was James Hetfield " she took another sip.

"Then I will accept this nickname and compliment " he said, taking the coke cup from her hands and drinking it "uh this tastes disgusting, how can you like this?"

"If you hate it why did you drink it then " she took the cup back " Coke is divine, you just have bad taste"

"I have great taste, look at you".

"At me? " Carol was confused.

"I didn't come all this way at a Friday night just because I wanted to go out, there's a reason why I came and that reason is you"

"That just proves you really have bad taste" she said, with no self steam, from all the bullying she went through.

"Don't say that about yourself, you're beautiful, darling, and very charming " He took her hand and as a reaction, she almost took her hand away, but he gave her such confidence, he made her feel amazing, like fireworks were exploding inside of her " don't trash yourself, you're amazing"

"Hm, we should go, I bet is very late and I still have to catch a bus and my home is far " she said, taking a look at her phone, to know what time was it, clearly embarrassed " Oh my god it's 4 am! There's no way I can catch a bus now''

"We've being talking for 2 hours? Wow " he said, shocked, he never spent 2 hours talking to a girl non stop " I can take you home"

"Are you sure? I don't wanna give you any trouble"

"Its not a trouble at all, I'll enjoy spending more time with you"

"God damn you're way too charming, I gotta up my game '' she laughed.

"Wasn't you licking your fingers in front of me all flirty?"

"Okay you got me there " she said, shy, putting a strand of her hair behind her ear " lets go?".

They got into the car and Ben reminded her of putting her seat belt on, which was very thoughtful. She told him her address. He put a song on and Carol automatically recognized, it was Doing All Right. She started humming, resting her head on the car window, looking at the city lights. Not even 5 minutes later Carol fell asleep. Ben let her be, casually looking at her angel face, with her long lashes and her serene aura. A small smile formed on his face and he thought on how long had it been since he felt that, the butterflies in the belly, the unconscious smile, the excitement making his heart jump.

He parked right in front of her apartment. He stroked her arm softly, trying to wake her, even though he didn't want to, she seemed so peaceful.

"Carol, we're home " he said, taking a strand of her hair out of her face.

"Oh I hope I didn't drool " she said rubbing her eyes.

They both got out of the car. He opened the door for her, giving his arm for her to hold. Carol rested her head on his biceps, that were very strong, making her think on the rest of his body and how she wanted him to hold her in his arms. Carol got a bit upset as they walked the last stair, the night was so perfect, why did it have to end?

"It was a lovely night" Carol said, resting her body on the wall, all flirty.

"Yes it was" Ben said, resting his arm on the wall, next to her " I hope to see you again"

"Give me your phone " he gave it to her " the password " he put it " here you go"

He looked at the phone and there was a new contact, It said "Pizza Girl".

"Anytime you want some pepperoni pizza, just give me a call " She said and he laughed " now I'm gonna sing Don't Stop Me now for the rest of the day " they both giggled.

"Have I ever said you have the most beautiful smile? "Ben said, getting closer, she could feel his breathing, she could almost taste his lips.

"Once or twice " she said, pulling him by the neck, very gently, not being able to hold on anymore the will to kiss him.

He was surprised she made that move, never had a girl make the first move on him and for him that was very sexy. His lips were so soft and warm, Carol felt like she could kiss him for a lifetime without getting tired. He deepened the kiss, pulling her by the waist, embracing her with his strong arms. With one hand Carol squeezed his hair softly and with the other she rested her hand on his chest, pulling him closer by the shirt. Ben caressed her face so gently, she wanted him to stay, but he started letting go, giving Carol one last soft kiss.

"Goodnight, Carol" he whispered, close to her lips, driving her crazy.

"Goodnight, Ben" she replied, still with her eyes close, as he left.