N I N E

Vol. 1
Chapter 9

•••

Years passed by, but still, Shouto still trains with his father. He never visited his mother and he never talks if they didn't ask first.

As days by day passes by, he only talks freely to the (h/c)-haired girl.

And now that he's 10 years old..

"(Y/n), can I go to your house? " Shouto asked quietly...

They are currently lying down the bed. Shouto's on his back and stared at the ceiling while (Y/n) lay flat on her stomach while swinging her feet.

"Why is that? "

"It's just that.. " he stopped the sentence, looking beside him to see her (h/c) locks...

"Hmm? " she hummed as she looked at Shouto, her (e/c) eyes full of curiosity.

"Argh, I just don't like it here. " because I feel so suffocated in this place.

"You know, you can't just escape your problems with your Father. " (Y/n) said as she traces the scar on his left face. Shouto blinks his eyes repeatedly,  his heart pounding at an increasing rate.

"(Y/n)..." he called, she looked at his eyes as he touched his left chest, rubbing it gently, "Why do I feel my heart this fast? Did I catch a cold? "

"Hmm... " (Y/n) faced him sidewards, looking at his face. His white and red hair slides down his face, showing his forehead, his face flushed crimson red and his lips parted a bit.

"You look so cute."

"H-huh? I mean.. really? "

"Yeah... you are.. You are the most beautiful person that I've ever seen."

At that moment, Shouto felt like the world just stopped. It was like he's a vision only focus on the girl with (h/c) hair, everything is a blur except her. He saw the smile plastered on her face.

"Even with this ugly scar? " he asked quietly and put his hand over his scar.

"Being beautiful is not only based on appearance, Shouto... You are beautiful... or rather handsome if you like. You're kind in your own way and besides... " (Y/n) stops and sat crossed-legs, "Even with the scar, you're still handsome! "

"U-uh... If that's what you–" before he can even finish his sentence, a knock enterupted and the door opened.

Fuyumi's head popped out and looked at his location.

"Are you just alright here? " she asked,

"Yeah, besides I have company. "

"Ohhh-kie, if you say so. Then bye-bye! " she said and closed the door.

"So (Y/n), where are we again?"