T H I R T E E N

Vol. 1
Chapter 13

Years Ago

•••

"I hate this.. "

The loud sound of the rain hitting the ground surrounded the whole place. The splashing sound of water being walked by the people also echoed through sidewalks.

But amidst of all of that, a kid with a catchy hair color of red and white slowly walk his way beside the streets, holding his transparent umbrella, he looked down where a puddle of clear water is located.

"... If only I can just choose my fate. " he whispered as he slowly put his hand in front of half of his face, where his scar is.

"You can't though? "

Little Shoto shot his face up and looked behind him, "-(Y/n)?!"

"You are yourself and what's yours is yours only."

"When did you got he-?", Shoto stopped when he saw her (f/c)-colored backpack.

"Hehe! " (Y/n) stopped jumping and smiled mischievously at him, "Hey, try and tag me, you're it! Hahaha! "

"W-wait- I..! " before Shoto can even grab her, (Y/n) already run her way away from Shoto, he tried to hold out for her but of no use, she's already too far away.

Sighing to himself, he started running after (Y/n). Not minding the people he's bumping into, "(Y/n)! Stop running! Please! I-I don't want to play right now!"

'(Y/n)... Where- where?! '

Little Shoto saw (Y/n) from the corner of his eyes. Running to that place, he followed (Y/n) as she took a sharp turn to a less crowded place.

"Agh! " the boy fell down the wet ground, his hands accidentally letting fo of his umbrella.

"Hey, kid, are you okay?! ", a hero suddenly asked, helping Shoto get up to his feet, "I'm really sorry, I didn't saw you. Where are your parents? Are you lost? Do you want me to guide you to find them? "

"...H....l..o?"

Shoto looked at the hero's face blankly, his mind wandering about (Y/n).

"Hey! "

"...U-uh yes, s-sorry..? " Shoto snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the hero's eyes.

"Did you bumped your head? You're not hurt right? " the hero asked, Shoto blinked and looked at the one in front of him, "Y-yes, umm... "

"When it's raining, especially a kid like you. What will happen if you are taken by the villains?! ........" the hero tried to scold the little boy in front of him but stopped when he saw that he's not paying attention, "What are you even doing here? " the hero finally asked, the boy in front, finally, giving some attention.

"...Did you, by chance, see (Y/n)..?", he said, "Umm, a girl close to my height. S-she's wearing a white dress, (f/c) raincoat and backpack... "

"...No, sorry..." Shoto's eyes flashed worries, "M-maybe- because both of you have the same height, I just didn't notice! ........" the hero started talking again, but Shoto didn't pay attention. Looking around, he stepped back from the hero.

"...T-thank you! I will go now! " the boy shouted and picked his things up, going to the way where he last saw (Y/n).

•••