F O U R T E E N

Vol. 1
Chapter 14

Thanks

•••

"You're trembling, Todoroki-kun." His statement made Todoroki looked at him in surprise, "Quirks are physical abilities too. There's a limit to how much cold your body can take, isn't there? "

"And isn't that something you could solve by using the heat from your left side? " Midoriya continued, Shoto gnashed his teeth while looking in front of him, "Everyone's... fighting with everything they've got... To win, and gets closer to their dream... To become number one... Do you want to win with just half your strength?! "

"...Shoto... Why–?"

"You haven't put a single scratch on me yet, you know!" Midoriya raised up his right arm, with his broken fingers, he balled his hands and looked at Shoto, "Come at me with everything you've got! "

"Do you really not want to..? "

"...Midoriya, what are you planning? " Shoto started speaking, "...Everything I've got? Did my damn old man buy you off or something? "

"...Now I'm angry! " as he said those words, he started dashing off towards Midoriya.

•••

"A SOLID HIT! "

"...Shut up,"

It was during the UA's sports festival, when Shoto's hopeless battle against Izuku Midoriya, the green-haired boy,  fight against the red and white-haired boy with all he got.

"It's your power,  isn't it?! "

When he said those words, it triggered his memories, those memories that he almost forgets, along with the past that he wanted to forget...

Before I knew it, I had forgotten

"You don't have to be a prisoner of your blood. It's okay for you to become who you want to be..."

A blast of fire came out of his body as memories of his mother flowed in his head,

"SHOTO! "

"T-THIS IS?! " present mic exclaimed as the fire grows more and heating the air.

In any battle, I will never use my left.

"...Please, don't forget me. "

He felt guilty... Why? Why did he almost forget the one that he didn't want to forget? The most important memories of her that keep him to live... To live the life where he could meet her.

"You are yourself and what's yours is yours only. "

'I didn't realize how much I've forgotten.' Shoto thought, 'I hope, you can see me right now—'

Shoto's eyes looked in front of him, his face softened as he saw her face, '(Y/n)...'

"Shoto... Do you want to be a hero? "

"Damn it... " he whispered, "To help your enemy... Which one of us is screwing around now..? "

The fire that blocks the sight of the audience started to disappear and stayed rooted to his body... While the ice-covered parts of his right side.

"I want... to be a hero too!"

He looked, Midoriya shows his smile as he successfully made Shoto use full of his power...

"Huh..?  " Present Mic stated, dumbfounded, as Endeavor started shouting to Shoto, "Endeavor suddenly shouts encouragement..?" he said, not really sure about what's happening, "...such a doting father. "

"What are you smiling for? In this situation... " Shoto said, "You're crazy, don't blame me for what'll happen next."

Shoto stepped his right foot, making a lot of ice as the upper left side of his body produces more fire.

"Come at me with your full power! "

'Midoriya... thanks, '

With that, their power comes at each other at their full speed, overwhelming the audiences with their incredible power.

'Because of you... I... ' he thought, '(Y/n), I remember now,'

•••

A/n
Yes, it's too much of a skip, but it doesn't really have anything to do here except Shoto doing what he does in the anime.