E I G H T E E N

Vol. 1
Chapter 18

IV
Forgotten Memories

•••

"H-how is she? " (M/n) asked and stood up, "I-I'm her mother... "

"Ah.. The surgery was a success, luckily, the vehicle didn't hit her whole body and only parts of it. " the doctor said, "Since only a few of her bones need to be fixed, it's easy to heal her because of our quirk. We've already checked her conditions and at any minute she can wake up."

"For now, only family members are allowed to visit the patient. ", The doctor continued, "After an hour, I will visit and would like to talk to the patient's parents, please excuse me for now. ", the doctor bowed and walked away from them.

Silence filled the corridor as the other nurses leave the room after the doctor.

"(Y/n)—!" Shoto suddenly shouted and tugged (M/n)'s hand, "...(Y/n)'s fine, isn't she? "

"Y-yes, she's fine, " (M/n) said, wiping her tears, she kneels to level Shoto, "It's all thanks to you, thank you, really... "

"I just.. Let her run off like that, I'm really sorry... " he said as tears clouded his vision, "(Y/n), she is... She's my... only friend. I-I don't want her to leave me... "

(M/n) glanced up to see the crying boy's mother's surprise and sad look...

•••

"(Y/n)! Don't go! " Shoto shouted as he reached out his hands and instinctively let out a block of ice to go towards the running figure in front of him.

*BEEP*

'(Y-Y/n)! No—!'

Gasped were heard as onlookers saw the girl almost being hit fully by the vehicle.

The block of ice pushed the girl away in front of the vehicle as the vehicle hit a part of the girl's body before being smashed by the block of ice, "(Y/n)!!"

The people who saw it snapped out of the trance and immediately call for an emergency.

•••

"Your son... " (M/n) looked at the sleeping boy in Rei's arms,

"I didn't know... " Rei started speaking, "I thought he would at least find friends when he goes out of our house but... "

While waiting for (Y/n)'s (other family members) to come, the two adults continue conversing with each other near the door. Rei held her son securely as they talk near the door.

Unbeknownst to them, (Y/n) who's long been conscious listens as the two converse... She slowly blinks and moved her eyes to look up.

"I don't want her to leave me, "

•••

A/n
You thought she died from
the previous episode?! Naahhhh!