T W E N T Y - O N E

Vol. 1
Chapter 21

Hero

•••

"(Y/n) what is t–" Shoto heard a low thud behind him making him turn around in surprise.

"—Oops!" (Y/n) fell face flat on the wooden floor, "That hurts! "

"You–" Shoto put down what he's holding and immediately aided (Y/n) who's struggling her way to stand on her feet, "Your mom said that you have to be careful right? Why are you so clumsy? "

"I just tripped! There's nothing to worry about! Hahaha–! " (Y/n) said and dusted her clothes as Shoto wiped her face, "And you've tripped over nothing for several times already after the accident weeks before.", he countered and pulled back his arms and dusted his sleeves.

"..." (Y/n)'s laugh died down and silence overtook them, "...My injuries are completely healed... " (Y/n) continued, "ANYWAYS! That thing over there is the books I collected! "

"...", Shoto stood quietly as the girl continued her walk and talk about the books she has like nothing ever happened...

"Shoto? " (Y/n) looked around, Shoto heard the call and came walking towards her, "Right, don't be so loud. "

"Sometimes, the world is just unfair to give you something special while taking something important in return." (Y/n) turn around and walk, "...even if you didn't wish for any."

"What was that? " Shoto asked, looking at her.

(Y/n) smiled and look at him, "Something about the book! Just read it! I told you it's worth the time! "

"Some other spare time, " Shoto said and opened a door, "You wanna watch some shows or anything? Since they're not here... "

"Your dad and mom right? Then how 'bout your siblings though? Where are they? " (Y/n) asked as they walk.

"School, " Shoto answered, "Mom will be back shortly."

(Y/n) jumped and sit down across the television, "I wonder if they would have any news about heroes right now... "

"They will, " Shoto said as he turned on the television, "It's airing, " after that, he sat beside (Y/n) and watch.

As they watched the news about the heroes saving the day, another news popped up, "Oh it was your father's fight. "

She looked at Shoto as they showed footage of Endeavor fighting, "Shoto... " (Y/n) continued, "Do you want to be a hero..?"

"...Yeah, " Shoto smiled and looked at her, "When that time comes, you would... support me, right? "

"Yeah! Because Shoto will be a hero saving lots of people! " (Y/n) raised her hands as she speaks, "I'll become a hero, how about you then? Will you become a hero?" Shoto asked and shifted on his seat to face her while sitting.

"Hmm..." (Y/n) looked at the screen and stared, "I don't know,"

"You don't know? " Shoto asked curiously, "Why? "

Observing her strange behavior, Shoto watched as she hesitated to say something,  "Well, that's that. "

Shoto didn't pry any longer and sigh, "If I became a hero, I will make sure you're safe. " he said, "...So tell me if you're in danger and I will help. "

"Ahahaha! Yeah, yeah! If you wouldn't come looking for me, then I'll visit you when I lost! " she said laughing hard, "And like, I will hunt you to your sleep or something! hahaha! "

"Ugh, stop that. " Shoto said furrowing his brows, "it's not like it's scary. It doesn't sound so good when you joke, you know? "

"Like you're the one to talk! Your jokes are so cringed! It makes me wanna puke! " (Y/n) acted like she's cringing.

"I didn't even tell anything like that—"

"I'm home! " Rei's voice echoed, "Ohh, it's your mom! "

"(Y/n)? Shoto? Where are you? I've brought some food." (Y/n) stood up and smiled, "Food! Yay! "

•••

A/n

Shoto straight out from an
Otome Game, me be like:

Shoto straight out from anOtome Game, me be like: