T H I R T Y - N I N E

Vol. 3
Chapter 39

•••

"So..." after having permission to go out and coming before sunset, they walked outside without any destination.

They passed by a convenience store and bought ice popsicles until they reached a park.

"Oh! " (Y/n) said while pointing at the park, "A swing... " putting the sweets in her mouth, she mumbled,"Gotta go!"

(Y/n) run to the park across the street towards a swing. After sitting down, she started pushing her feet on the ground to slowly swing.

"Hello (Y/n)-chan!" the said girl glanced at the familiar girl, "Do you want go join us? We're going to the arcade! " (G1) said, beside her were (B1), (G3), (B2), (G2)  and (B3).

'What are they doing here?' (Y/n) thought but then shrugged off the thought, "Ooh about that... My mom said that I have to be at home before sunset and Shoto's with me! Maybe some other time? "

"Oh,  too bad, " (G2) said, "Are you not really going? Who's that Shoto? Another friend? "

As they surrounded her from the swing while talking, (Y/n) saw the split-colored hair of Shoto, "He's there! "

They looked back and saw the boy, making the girls greet them quickly, "...Todoroki, " after passing through them, he walked towards (Y/n).

"Aw, what an attitude.. " after talking to (Y/n) for a minute to say their byes, Shoto asked as he sat beside her, "Friends? "

"..." (Y/n) looked at his side, "Maybe? " she answered, "I'm always with thwm at school, so... I think so? "

(Y/n) looked around as she pushes her self to swing, 'I mean... I only think about them as someone I'm with in school. '

(Y/n) felt someone staring at her making her looked at Shoto, "Shoto! Look at tgat,  it's so cute~!" looking at Shoto's face, she smiled at him, "You are different,  you know? " because I consider you as my friend, (Y/n) whispered and thought.

"What? " looking at his confused face, she gigled, 'Nothing~'

"That one! Wait there for a minute! I will look at it! " she said and run towards a man with a (Pet) going across the street.

"What's that thing you're even saying? " Shoto asked and followed her, "It's a (Pet)! " she said as she followed them but stopped when they succesfully crossed the street and vehicles passes by, "Oh, they got away... "

She was about to look behind her to Shoto when she caught a glimpse of... '(Food)  stall! '

"Ooh wait,  I saw a (food) stall. Gotta buy some (food)! " (Y/n) said as she smile ear to ear, 'I want Shoto to try this one! '

Shoto shouts behind her but she paid no mind, thinking that it was just him whinning, "I have to buy it! We'll go home soon anyway! " we didn't even have so many joys yet, (Y/n) said and thought as she run while looking behind.

"No wait-!" (Y/n) go look in front of her to see no vehicles ahead, "(Y/n)! Don't go! "

Beeping sound echoed in (Y/n)'s head, 'What–' looking to the side, she saw a vehicle going towards her fast, 'I have to g—'

As she thought of going away from the road faster, her body tripped, slowly as if it was played in her head like a movie.

"Wait—!" she stand in front of her, horrified, as her body started faliing down on the cemented road, "N... No way... "

Ice passed through her towards her body, making it get away from the vehicle's way, but...

"W.. " (Y/n) watched as the car bumped to the right side of her body, "...Why now..?"

As if bad luck loves her so much, pain welcomed her wholely as she felt a pull and opened her eyes to see the images of the blurry buildings and the blue sky, and coughed her blood.

'Am I going to die like this..? ',
she thought as ringing filled her head and darkness eat her away.

•••
A/n
Ohhh!! So we're not that dumb to get us hit by a vehicle for a food!!!