𝟐.𝟐

──── 「VIOLENT; STORM」 ────

     We had been walking for a couple of hours following Murphy's directions to get to where the Grounder's camp was supposed to be

     We had been walking for a couple of hours following Murphy's directions to get to where the Grounder's camp was supposed to be. I eventually had moved to Finn's side to talk with him about Raven and also because I was tired of Murphy asking for things, concluding that Bellamy was well equipped to deal with him on his own.

-    "So," –I started, glancing at Finn- "how are you holding up?"

-    "Fine." –his tone was cutting, clearly trying to avoid the topic.

-    "I know you don't wanna talk right now, but I wanted to tell you that I'm here if you need me, alright?"

-    "Thank you, Sam. Seriously."

-    "Thank you for taking care of my best girl while I was out."

-    "I... I don't know if she'll be okay."

-    "Raven is strong, Finn, you know it. She'll get through this." –I squeezed his shoulder- "We'll help her get through it."

Finn sighed and gave me a small smile. I didn't want to push him so I avoided Clarke's topic. We kept walking in silence, simply keeping him company as I went into my own head. I hadn't been able to control myself around Murphy when I first saw him and I was only doing it now because I knew we needed him. I was angry at him but also at the small part of myself that had been relieved to see him because, even if it was just a minuscule part of me, I still cared for him. He had looked familiar for a while, but I couldn't quite pinpoint why or from where. It had also been easy to develop a friendship with him because he understood what it meant to be truly alone. I hated that he had to be the one, out of everyone in the whole damn camp, to have anger issues that drove him to hurt Raven and leave her like she was. To try and murder Bellamy. To hurt me.

-    "Alright, Murphy," -Bellamy's voice brought me back, turning to look at him as Finn stopped- "where to now?"

-    "What do you say we lose these first, huh?" –Murphy smirked at him, raising his tied hands in front of him.

-    "Again, no."

-    "If we get attacked I have nothing to defend myself with."

-    "I don't care."

I hated to admit it, but Murphy did have a point; if the Grounders came after us, he had no way of defending himself. Finn took a knife and moved back towards them, clearly having thought the same as me, and freeing Murphy as Monroe and Sterling exchanged I look that didn't go unnoticed by me.

-    "Hey!" –Bellamy moved after Finn who had come back to walk beside me- "What the hell are you doing?"

-    "It was your idea to bring him."