𝟐.𝟏𝟑

── 「SURRENDER IS
NOT IN MY NATURE」 ──

     By mid-day, everyone in camp was training, although not as a team: the Grounders were doing their sparring thing together while the guard trained with guns on their own

     By mid-day, everyone in camp was training, although not as a team: the Grounders were doing their sparring thing together while the guard trained with guns on their own. Sam and I were watching the Grounders fight, trying to learn something out of it.

-    "Impressive." –Kane spoke moving next to us.

-    "I don't think there's a strong enough word in English to express how amazing this is, but impressive may be just close enough." –Sam agreed following with her eyes their every move.

-    "What doesn't kill them, makes them stronger."

I remained silent after Kane's remark, only one idea in my head: getting stronger. Whatever I have to do. I had promised Lincoln I wouldn't let this truce fail and I was ready to fight for it, and knowing Sam was all in with me made things a little easier. I looked at her and gave her my sword as Indra asked who was next.

-    "Sure?" –Sam simply asked as if she could read my mind.

-    "I want to do this."

-    "I got your back if they try anything." –she reassured me, taking my sword.

-    "I am." –I moved next to Indra- "We're supposed to train together."

-    "Only warriors train here."

-    "I saved your life." –I argued in disbelief.

-    "And now I'm saving yours."

Indra ended and moved away from me as I caught Sam's eyes and she came to me.

-    "What she say?"

-    "Only warriors train here." –I repeated Indra's words.

-    "We might need to show her we are as much of a warrior as they are."

-    "You might be right."

-    "Why don't we practice with guns until we figure it out? It's been a while since I've used one."

-    "Bell taught you well, I'm sure you remember." –I smiled but then I realized what I'd said- "Sorry."

-    "Don't be. If anyone can survive that hell, it's our guys." –she smiled at me- "Besides, we are here to train, O."

She moved towards where two guards were training with guns while Kane looked over them. Kane, unaware of our training, thought Sam wouldn't be of any help with a gun. She approached him while I sat to sharpen my sword.

-    "Have you ever shoot a fire weapon before?" –Kane asked her as she approached him.

-    "A couple of times maybe."