𝟐.𝟐𝟑

────「THIS IS HOME」────

     As soon as Emerson left the door, the three of us got out of the control center and moved back to go to the dorm; Clarke and Monty probably sensed my impatience to get there as soon as possible, so we started running: I needed to find O and Sam

     As soon as Emerson left the door, the three of us got out of the control center and moved back to go to the dorm; Clarke and Monty probably sensed my impatience to get there as soon as possible, so we started running: I needed to find O and Sam. Once we made it to the mess hall, the scene in front of us was nauseous: we were surrounded by dozens of dead people with their skins burnt, the smell heavy on the air but what really hit me was the pain in Jasper's eyes; he was kneeled in the middle of the hall with Maya's limp body in his arms and tears running down his face.

- "What did you do!"

- "We had no choice."

- "I was gonna kill Cage!" -Jasper spat back at Clarke, holding onto Maya's body- "If you'd given me one more minute, it'd have been over!"

- "Jasper." –I tried to reason with him as the tears filled my own eyes- "They never would've stopped."

Jasper looked at me and shook his head before looking back down at Maya. I knew he was angry and he had every right to be. I'd take whatever he threw at me but I had to find my family. I felt a knot on my throat, gulping and trying to get it to go down but failing. I had to go. Clarke seemed not to find words either, Monty prompting us to go, saying he'd keep an eye on Jasper so I nodded, turning around and running toward the dorm following Clarke.

- "Octavia must have come here as soon as, well..."

- "Yeah," -I didn't need her to continue, I understood- "I hope so."

As we got there, the door was opened and everyone had been freed from their handcuffs. The guards were lying dead on the ground, some I knew Sam had killed and some we had. I let my eyes wander around the room until I found just the two people my heart had been aching to see again: Octavia was standing in between Sam's legs as she was sat on the stretcher with her pants tore down and blood all over her legs. I wanted to move to them but I was paralyzed for a moment until Clarke's voice brought me back, screaming and running up to them, thanking Sam for keeping her mom safe. Octavia moved back to let them some space so I walked up to her.

- "O."

- "Bell!"

She shot running towards me as soon as she saw me, pulling me down to her and hugging me tightly, so I did the same, not letting go of her until she did. She was okay. My little sister was okay. It had been so close. I'd have never forgiven myself. She finally pulled back and looked up at me with a small smile on her black-paint-covered face.

- "Go." –she gave me a knowing look before her eyes landed on Sam- "She needs you."

I nodded and took a deep breath. I had been wanting to see her since the night I left, I wanted to hold her and kiss her and tell her how my blood had frozen in my veins when I saw her running from the guards, how my voice broke as I watched helplessly at the monitor knowing what her fate would be, how my heart was threatening to jump from my chest until it found shelter on her hands. Still, as I stood there, I was afraid. Afraid the feeling that had been building little by little inside me for her was one-sided. But I had to know. She had to know.