𝟐.𝟐𝟒

────「HEAL; EVOLVE」────

     I took Sam back inside the camp and straight to the medical center where Abby was already taking care of Raven's leg with the help of Jackson

     I took Sam back inside the camp and straight to the medical center where Abby was already taking care of Raven's leg with the help of Jackson. It still amazed me how high Sam's pain tolerance was, looking at her bloody thigh as Jackson pointed me to one of the empty beds, saying they'd finish with Raven and would get to Sam as soon as they could. Jackson took a moment to look over Sam's wound, saying he was glad she was back in one piece. I had to agree.

- "I'm glad to see you too. Maybe next time it should be without me getting some part of my body fixed." –she chuckled as Jackson nodded smiling before getting back to Raven.

- "You wouldn't be here if you had stayed out of the drilling zone." –I pointed out, sitting next to her on the bed.

- "Yeah, and then Abby would be in my place and we wouldn't have an experienced doctor around here. You and your great plans."

- "I told you not to risk your life."

- "I don't remember promising I wouldn't." –she smiled up at me with an innocent look on her eyes- "Plus I technically didn't."

- "Then what was that back at the mountain and how did you get this?" –I raised an eyebrow glancing at her bloody leg.

- "A minor misunderstanding, obviously."

She laughed and, even if I tried to fight my own laughter back, I finally gave in and laughed with her, caressing her cheek, joking and teasing her, saying I had no clue what I was going to do with her.

- "Well, figure it out because you aren't getting rid of me that easily. Not now, anyway."

I lowered down and kissed her, feeling the smile on her lips melting against my own. My heart felt so much lighter around her. I never wanted to feel anything else. I was going in for another kiss when someone cleared their throat next to us, making me sit straight, landing eyes on Abby.

-  "Sorry to interrupt, but it's time to get that leg taken care of."

I nodded and moved from the bed to leave space for her to do her thing, standing on the opposite side of the wounded leg. Abby allowed me to sit on the bed with Sam again, allowing her to rest her head against me as I stroke her face, watching as Abby and Jackson fixed up her leg. We've been here way too many times already.

- "You need blood?"

- "I think this time won't be necessary, the tourniquet you made was pretty efficient, Bellamy."

- "I owe you another life, would you look at that?"

- "You came in for me, it's the least I could do."

I smiled down at Sam, realizing she had her eyes closed, so I simply took her hand in mine and caressed it with my thumb. I allowed my eyes to take her in, hoping we'd never see ourselves in a situation like that ever again and that, if we did, it'd be me the one on the table. After a couple more minutes, Sam's leg had a rather peculiar-looking new scar on it.