𝟐.𝟏𝟎

──── 「COUP DE GRACE」 ────

     I knew there was nothing they could do to save Finn, same way I knew whatever Clarke chose to do, wouldn't be easy on her

     I knew there was nothing they could do to save Finn, same way I knew whatever Clarke chose to do, wouldn't be easy on her. I didn't blame Raven for how she was creating; after all, I much rather her yelling at me than doing something rash. If that was what I had to become, what she needed from me, I'd gladly take it. I glanced back at them for a second before I made my way to Medbay where I knew Octavia would be watching over Lincoln.

- "Hey, am I interrupting something?"

- "We're just talking, Sam." –Octavia hugged me- "I have something for you though." –she spoke with a smirk on her face.

- "I'm not sure I'm going to like this."

She punched me as hard as she could on my upper arm, making me take a couple of steps back and raise my hand to where she had hit me to massage the spot.

- "That's for leaving to get yourself killed without saying anything."

- "I see." –I smiled moving back next to her- "I deserve it. Next time I try something like that, I won't tell you either, don't mind me."

- "You sure are stupidly in love with death."

- "I try to do what's best for all of us."

- "I'm not having this discussion right now."

- "Good," –I faced Lincoln- "because I was coming to see your boyfriend who gave us a major scare, by the way."

- "Hey, Sam." –Lincoln greeted me with a smile.

- "How are you feeling?"

- "I'm getting better, slowly but it's best than how I was when you found me."

- "I'm glad you're back. I was already used to having you around."

- "Thank you." –he smiled a bit- "We've been told you went to see the Commander."

- "I guess you do." –I replied, looking sideways at Octavia who only smiled at me- "There's nothing any of us could have done for Finn."

- "How's Raven?"

- "Not too good. I just hope it'll be quick and he dies soon."

- "The Commander told you about the ritual?"

- "Yeah. When I told her to take me instead of Finn she explained what I was signing up for. I don't think anyone could survive till sunrise but maybe just half of it; that's why I said we should have killed Finn instead... quick and painless, but everyone thought I was insane."

- "The Grounders wouldn't have appreciated that."

- "Well, I wasn't thinking about the Grounders when I said it." –I retorted sarcastically- "Either way it's too late, Finn turned himself in so there's truly nothing we can do now."