𝟐.𝟗

──「JUS DREIN JUS DAUN」──

     Once I found Raven and explained to her that Lexa had turned down my offer, her face showed relief and concern at the same time

     Once I found Raven and explained to her that Lexa had turned down my offer, her face showed relief and concern at the same time. I wondered how much easier it'd be for her to lose me instead of Finn because I knew what he meant to her. A horn blew in the distance, interrupting our conversation, both of us going out into the open to check what was going on. I caught a glimpse of Bellamy and Clarke entering the ship so Raven and I followed them.

- "Hey!" –Raven spoke first- "What happened now?"

- "It's Kane." -Bellamy turned to face us- "He's back."

- "Oh great, another wannabe chancellor to make things run smoothly." -I rolled my eyes- "I love Earth." 

- "He said he bought us some time and is going to talk with my mom now."

- "Chancellor Kane saves the day." -I highly doubted Kane had done anything actually beneficial; I had gone directly to Lexa and she had been crystal clear so I wondered exactly what Kane thought he had done- "I can't wait to have him bossing around again."

- "At least he's doing something."

Clarke's tone didn't go over my head so I paused my walk, trying my hardest to keep it together because the last thing we needed was blood in the hallway. I took a deep breath and ignored her venomous words, asking if we'd get to hear what Kane had to say but Clarke ignored me, simply addressing Raven and Bellamy, telling them to figure out what was happening while she went to look for Finn. Convenient. Bellamy and Raven moved in one direction and Clarke in another while I remained just at the entrance of the ship, looking at the door.

- "Sam? You coming?"

- "Are you sure you want me to? Because apparently I'm useless and want Finn to die." –I retorted sarcastically.

- "I'd feel better if you came with me." –Raven squeezed my shoulder.

- "To keep an eye on me?" –I moved after her- "Alright, sure." 

- "Come on, Sam." –Bellamy placed an arm around my shoulders, pulling me with him- "You know she doesn't mean it."

- "Sure. I just can feel this bitterness against me growing steady the more time passes and we don't find a way out for Finn."

I squeezed his hand and walked to where the chancellors were, standing outside, hoping they wouldn't take three years. Sometimes I wondered if time moved differently for them because they always seemed like they have all the time in the world to do things when we were, in fact, in a rush. We had been waiting outside for around 30 minutes when Abby came out.

- "What's happening?"

- "You've been there a long time." –Bellamy added to Raven's words as we all followed Abby.