𝟐.𝟏𝟔

────「TO WAR」────

     The explosion sent Sheda and I flying backward, falling onto the ground a couple of meters away

     The explosion sent Sheda and I flying backward, falling onto the ground a couple of meters away. The next thing I noticed were my ears killing me. I moved my head to the side to see Sheda lying on his back a few meters away from me.

- "Sheda!" –I yelled- "Sheda are you alright?"

I crawled next to him as best as I could, it was like everything was in slow motion, my head spinning as I checked his breathing: he was alive.

- "Sheda, please say something!"

- "I can barely hear you." –he yelled back, barely hearing him but I knew he was screaming.

- "You'll be fine in a couple of minutes." –I paused, motioning to his body- "Are you hurt?"

- "I'm fine, I'm fine."  –he scanned my body as he sat back up- "Are you okay?"

- "Yeah." –I looked towards the village- "Fuck, Octavia!" –I stood up as fast as I could, feeling my head spinning and nausea; my back was killing me but I only had my sister in my head- "Octavia!" –I felt my voice break- "Please, no."

- "Who's Octavia?" –Sheda questioned confused, standing up next to me, holding me up.

- "My sister, she was with Indra in the village, I...I can't... I need to find her."

- "I'll help you." –Sheda placed his hands on my shoulders- "We have to find Heda, Oreth, and Ion too."

I nodded as I felt the tears forming in my eyes but I wiped them away with my hands and started moving towards the village. If Octavia is dead, someone will pay this with their life. Once we made it back, everything was in ruins, wreckage; people were screaming for help, burnt bodies on the ground everywhere and even fragments from others, the smell made me sicker than I felt, placing my hand in front of my mouth.

- "We'll find them."

- "And after that, I'll slit the throat of whoever did this."

I started walking around, trying to find Octavia, screaming her name but receiving no answer. I clenched my fists on each side of my body and I moved around the ruins, the bodies, and the fire. Sheda moved in another direction screaming for Ion and Oreth, as we both agreed it'd be better and we'd cover more ground faster.

- "Octavia, please, answer me!"

- "Sam?" –Octavia appeared from behind some ruins- "Oh my God, Sam!" 

- "O!" –I screamed as the tears started running down my face- "I thought I lost you."

- "I was so scared," –she hugged me and I did the same- "I thought you were dead."