Part Three: Secret Number Fourteen

Tom's POV

Lucy looked so beautiful without any make up, on her blue eyes caught the light just right and put a trance on me. I sat on the bed talking to her for hours. I am so happy I was able to come to Haz's party, if I hadn't, I would have never met Lucy, and god I would be missing out. Lucy was the perfect girl for me; she was funny, laidback, super sweet and really pretty. She was the kind of girl you would want to introduce to your parents. A knock at the door snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Tom don't you have a flight to catch?" Haz said popping his head in the door.

"well, I have some vacation days saved up and I decided to use them." I said standing up, "I'll go make some food." I finished walking out of Lucy's room.

"What was that Tom?" Haz asked me as we walked down the hall to the kitchen.

"What?"

"You do remember fourteen, correct?" Haz said looking at me.

"Yes, yes I do."

"What is it then?" Haz asked glancing down the hall to make sure Lucy wasn't coming out of her room.

"Secret fourteen states that you Harrison Osterfield are in love with your best friend Lucy Reid and you don't have the balls to tell her how you really feel." I said.

"So that means you can't make a move with her." Haz said.

"No, you can't claim her, that's very 1920 of you. She can be involved with who ever she wants to be involved with."

"That's true, she can be involved with whoever she wants but she can't be involved with you."

"Why not, because I am your best friend or is it you feel threatened by me?" I asked getting mad.

"Both."

"Should I cancel my vacation, I'm sure the pilot is still at the airport, I could be out of here in under an hour."

"That might be a good idea." Haz said pointing to my suitcase by the door.

I walked over to the door, I wanted to say goodbye to Lucy and see her one last time, "Can I say goodbye to Lucy?" I asked hoping Haz would be reasonable.

"No, leave." He said firmly.

I turned closing the door behind me. I sat on the front stoop waiting for a car to pick me up and take me to the airport. I heard the front door open, I was expecting it to be Haz asking why I hadn't gone yet, but to my surprise it was Lucy.

"Tom what are you doing out here." She asked running to me.

"I have a flight to catch." I said deciding to omit the fight Harrison and I had.

"I wish you didn't have to leave, I just started to know you." She said sitting down next to me. "Give me your phone."

I handed her my phone, "Tom, why is your phone all cracked?" She said laughing opening my contacts.

"I hate phone cases," I said.

"I can see that." She said laughing as she put her number in. "There, now we can get to know each other better, even if you aren't here."

"Thank you." I said standing up as the car turned around the corner. "My ride is here."

"Talk to you soon?" She asked.

"I'll call you when I land." I said stepping into the black car.

"Bye!" She said as the car door closed.

I watched her wave as we drove away. I hated that a girl had to come between Haz and me, when we were younger, we promised each other that nobody would ever come between us. We didn't know what the universe had in store.