Part Fourteen: Fifth Floor

Tom's POV

I told Lucy everything, from Haz not speaking to me to the whole shooter in the hospital fiasco. Lucy listened, her eyes wide as I explained everything in detail.

"Tom you really should have just stayed in the cafeteria, you could of avoided the whole 'I got shot at slash I could have died today' part of the story. You need to stop being so-so stupid." She spat out a bit angry. "Imagine what would happen to Haz, to me if y-you," she stuttered not able to finish her sentence. I looked in her eyes and saw tears welling up, threatening to overflow. I didn't know what to say, she was right; I was being stupid.

"Lucy, I'm sorry," I said thinking about what happened to her, and what might happen to Haz if I didn't make it off the seventh floor alive. I grabbed her hand and held it, tightly. Everything bad that has happened to Haz and Lucy was caused by me. I was the problem here, in fact, if I never asked Lucy out none of this would have happened. My head was telling me to go, but my heart was telling me to stay. A battle that almost never came to an end.

Haz's POV

I was standing in line at the front desk hoping to get any information on Lucy. I had been there for an hour and still had twenty people ahead of me in the line. I looked down at Tom's phone in my hand as it started ringing.

"Hello?" I said.

"Haz we are on the fifth floor, room 512," Tom said. "Come, please."

"Okay, give me a couple minutes," I said before hanging up.

Looked at the couple behind me, "Take my spot." I said before walking away. They smiled gratefully and took a step forward.

I walked over to the bank of elevators and saw a person in a black body bag being rolled out of an elevator on a stretcher. Damn, they weren't kidding about the shooter. I thought as I took a different elevator. I pressed the button with a five and the elevator started going up.

The light for floor four lit up and the elevator came to a halt. Great, just perfect. I thought pressing the button harder. The elevator went dark for a moment before the emergency lights turned on. Of course, this was the elevator I chose. Just my rotten luck. I turned on my phone hoping I had a signal. Nothing. Not even one bar. No way to tell anyone I was stuck in the elevator. I sat down in the corner of the elevator and leaned my head against the wall. Isn't this just lovely?

-

I looked down at the time on Tom's phone. 4:57 pm. My phone died a couple of hours ago and I forgot Tom's password. I had tried everything; Kingston, Tessa, Thomas, 1111, 0000, 123456 nothing got me in. I guess it was a blessing disguised as a curse, if I had known Tom's password, I probably would have played a bunch of games and killed his phone too. I tossed it gently onto the floor in front of me.

Great. I thought resting my head on my hands.

Sorry it's a short chapter, I have been struggling with writer's block.