Part Six: The Carnival

Lucy's POV

-Time skip to Friday-

I sat nervously on my bed trying to decide what to wear. I had asked Tom where we were going and kept saying it was a surprise. I got up and walked down the hall to Tom's room. I knocked on his door.

"Tom, should I wear something casual or fancy?" I asked through the closed door.

He opened the door, shirtless. Holy mother of god. I thought, blushing a little.

"Something casual, but wear pants." He said smiling before he closed the door.

I walked back to my room, Something casual, but with pants? I dug around in the drawers hoping I had jeans somewhere. "Got ya," I said aloud pulling cuffed skinny jeans out of the drawer. I looked around for a nicer shirt and found a cute V-neck blouse. I threw on my clothes and did some natural make up. I slid on some vans and walked back to the living room.

"You look great L." Haz said.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" I asked I wouldn't do anything that might hurt Haz.

"I'm positive, Tom hasn't been able to shut up about how nervous he is, it's really cute." Haz said leaning back on the couch. "I have a very important date with some tv shows I need to catch up on." He finished, turning on the tv.

"Ready?" Tom asked as he walked into the living room.

I nodded and grabbed my purse off the counter.

"Have fun lovebugs." Haz said with a laugh.

"Oh, shut your face," Tom said as he opened the door for me.

We walked outside.

"Wow, Lucy you look incredible," Tom said running his hand through his hair.

Blush crept on to my cheeks. He opened the car door for me before running around the hood to the driver's side.

"Now will you tell me where we are going?" I asked as he started the car.

"Like I said before it's a surprise."

"What if I don't like surprises?" I said.

"I already checked with Haz, you'll love where we are going," I said with a smile as we drove off down the road.

We drove for twenty minutes to the edge of town.

"Tom where are we going?"

"You'll see in three, two, one." He said as carnival lights appeared in the distance.

Going to carnivals was one of my favorite things to go to. He parked in a field across the street, and we walked towards the lights.

"What'd you want to do to first?" He said with a gleaming smile.

"Ooh, this." I said grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the rides.

Tom's POV

The way her eyes lit up when she pulled me to the rides made my heart beat a little faster. We rode every ride twice.

"Lucy, do you want to get something to eat?" I asked her.

"Fried dough?" She said with a little smile.

"Hell yeah!" I said in response.

I grabbed her hand and we walked towards the food truck. I ordered, and we sat on the grass by the car.

"This is amazing!" Lucy exclaimed before taking another bite.

I laughed, pulling a piece off the plate. "you've got a little something on your face." I said laughing once more.

"Oh really?" She said laughing, she dipped her fingers in the extra powdered sugar and wiped them across my forehead.

"What was that for?" I asked laughing even harder.

"It's fried dough silly, the sugar is supposed to get everywhere."

I laughed brushing off my face. The carnival had packed up a while ago, and we just sat under the moonlight in a big open field. I laid down on the grass looking up and the stars.

"It's such a beautiful night." She said laying down next to me.

"Yes, yes, it is," I said looking at her; her eyes were full of wonder as she looked up at the big open sky. I couldn't take my eyes off her, I think I found the one. I thought.

"What are you looking at Tom?" She asked turning her head to look at me.

I sat up in the grass, Lucy followed suit.

"What is it, Tom?" She asked again.