Part Seven: Tonight

I took her face in my hands and kissed her. She still tasted like powdered sugar and fried dough.

She pulled away and smiled, "This has been the best night ever." She said looking in my eyes.

My phone started ringing, I turned it off. Then Lucy's phone rang.

"What is it Haz?" She said impatiently. "We will start heading back." She said after a few moments of silence.

"Sorry, Haz wants us to come back, he finished his show an hour ago and can't entertain himself any longer." She said.

Of course, he interrupts when the date is getting good. I stood up and held out my hand for Lucy, she grabbed it and pulled herself off the grass. We got back in the car and drove back to Haz's.

"Thank you, Tom, tonight has been one of the best nights of my life," Lucy said looking at me.

"I'm glad you had fun. I had an amazing time." I said taking her hand.

We walked inside together and saw Haz sitting on the couch, "About time lovebugs, I was about to call the police and report you two as missing." Haz said with a laugh. I looked at the clock on the wall. Damn, time really does fly when you are having fun. I thought. It was two am.

"I really should be off to bed, good night you two," Lucy said slipping her hand out of mine.

I watched her walk back to her room. "So, did she have fun?" Haz asked me.

"She said, and I quote 'This has been one of the best nights ever'" I said with a laugh.

I walked down the hall to my room, took off my clothes and got into bed. Tonight, was the best night ever.

Sorry that this chapter is so freakin short,  I had literally had five minutes to write this.