Part 13: Awake

A/n: Sorry this chapter is very short, i recently have been struggling to get words on the page, a bit of writers block. I hope to keep this story going so please just be patient

Tom's POV

"She's awake."

I bolted upright and swung my legs to the side of the bed. She's awake. I thought again. I started walking down the hall, my leg hurt like a bitch. I have to get to her.

Lucy's POV

I woke up in the middle of a hallway. I looked down at my hands, my wrists were bandaged, tightly. Someone walked up behind me and started pushing my bed. I turned my head trying to get a look.

"W-where, am I?" I asked, still struggling to get a look at the person, who was now pushing me into the elevator.

"You are in the hospital, Lucy,"

I looked back down at my wrists, and that's when I remembered everything.

Tom doesn't love me anymore.

Tom's POV

I was wandering through the halls trying to find Lucy. She's being moved to fifth-floor recovery, I thought, remembering what Nancy had said as she hurried past the foot of my bed. I stepped into one of the civilian elevators and clicked on the button with a five. I looked at my reflection in the mirrored wall; falling down the stairs definitely left a mark. The elevator dinged, and I stepped out, the fifth floor was a mess. Doctors and nurses filled the hallway pushing patients from the seventh floor around. They had patients lining the hallways and had two or three people to a room.

I walked around searching for Lucy in the sea of people. I heard an elevator open at the end of the hall and I walked tediously towards it.

Lucy's POV

The person pushed me out of the elevator on the fifth floor, people lined the hallways. What the hell happened? I kept thinking. Then I saw him wandering through the hallway looking at everyone's faces. He's here. He cares. He looked at me and a smile instantly appeared on his face.

"Lucy!" He said as he ran up to me.

He walked alongside me as the nurse pushed me into a room, "How are you feeling?" He said worriedly. I looked at his face, it was all bruised.

"Forget me, how are you?" I said reaching up to his face. "What'd I miss?"

"I'm fine, don't worry about me, but you missed a lot."

Tom dragged a chair to my bedside. "I want to know everything I missed," I said with a faint smile.