Part Nine: Please Don't Leave Me

Four Minutes After

"Lucy, I said as I rushed to her side. I ripped my shirt off and tied it around her wrists. Her face was pale, all her color was gone.

"Haz get in here!" I yelled. Haz came running.

"Lucy," He said as he picked up his phone and started dialing.

I held Lucy in my arms. I couldn't imagine a world with her gone. "Hold on Lucy, I need you." Tears traced their way down my cheeks. There was a knock at the door, Haz ran to answer it. Soon there was a pair of paramedics on the floor next to her.

"You need to give us space." One of the EMTs said to me pointing to the door.

I got up and walked over to Haz. "What happened?" Haz asked.

"I don't know." I said looking back at the paramedics. "My, ex got my phone and texted her." Her phone turned off before I could read them."

The paramedics put her limp body onto a stretcher and rolled her back to the ambulance. Haz and I walked outside hoping to be able to ride along with them. "I'm sorry boys, you'll have to meet us there." The female medic said turning around as her partner strapped Lucy in.

Haz and I walked to the car as the doors shut and the sirens turned on. "Haz I'm sorry, if I'd known Rebecca had figured out who Lucy was, I would have come back sooner to set things straight between us." I said as Haz started the car.

Haz nodded his head as we sped down the road. I knew he blamed me, and I blamed myself too. Those texts came from my phone, I should have never put it down where Rebecca could have taken it. I leaned back in the seat and shut my eyes. All I could see was Lucy laying on the bathroom floor in a pool of her own blood. The car stopped, and I opened my eyes. Haz was already getting out of the car before I even registered what was happening. We walked inside and checked in.

"We're here to see Lucy Reid," I told the woman at the front desk.

"I'm sorry, you two will have to wait over there until the doctor comes to get you." She said pointing to a room full of chairs.

We walked over and sat down, Haz hadn't said a single word, his face was expressionless as he stared off into space. I leaned over resting my elbows on my knees and held my head in my hands. I have only known Lucy for a week, but it felt like we had known each other for our entire lives. As cheesy as it sounds, she was my other half. She was the girl who made me laugh even during some of the worst times of my life. Hell, I fought about her with my best friend. Hours went by, the sun slowly creeping towards the horizon, and shadows casting. Earlier I was hoping to take her to the beach during sunset, now I was hoping she was still alive. I looked over at Haz, his face still expressionless, but now there was a single tear making its way down his cheek.

"Haz," I said hoping he would talk to me, but he didn't even glance at me; his blue eyes stayed staring out the window to the parking lot.

I looked down at my watch, it had been three hours, but it felt like an eternity. I stood up and walked around the small room a few times, hoping it would help me clear my head. A man in his early forties walked into the room.

"Are you two friends of Lucy Reid?" He asked. Haz stood up immediately.

"Yes, how is she?" Haz asked breaking his silence.

"Follow me please." The man said not answering Haz's question.

We stepped into an elevator, I watched as the numbers changed.

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

The elevator dinged signaling we had reached the destined floor.

I followed the man down the hall to room 723. I looked through the small rectangular window and saw Lucy laying in the bed.

"Lucy suffered major blood loss, and we have her on suicide watch. She is still unconscious, but we fully expect her to wake up in the next thirty-six to forty hours." The man said before leaving the room.

I walked over to Lucy's side and pulled over the chair. I saw Haz do the same thing on her right. I took her hand and held it tight. "Please don't leave me." I whispered, looking up at her pale face.