Part 20: Fixed

Haz's POV

I stood on the corner for a few minutes, watching the cars drive past. The sun had gone behind a cloud casting a shadow on the street. I looked around of Tom's car, I saw it approaching from the right. He pulled over a few feet from where I was standing, "Why'd you leave? And how the hell did you end up here?" Tom asked as I opened the car door.

"I don't know what I was thinking, and Lucy couldn't even look at me after I told her," I responded as we drove off.

Tom looked at me for a second and then looked back at the road.

Tom's POV

I looked at Haz as we drove back to the hospital, he definitely was torn up by the fact Lucy couldn't even look at him. He made a stupid mistake, and now he had to feel the repercussions of his actions. I made a right into the hospital parking lot.

"Tom, do you think things will ever be the same between Lucy and me?" He asked a worried expression painted his face.

"Look Haz, you've known Lucy for how many years now? Three? Four?" I started as I backed into a parking spot. "Whatever mate, what I'm trying to say is you still know her better than I do, but I think you two are going to be alright."

Haz got out of the car in silence and started towards the front entrance. I followed him, staying a few steps behind. We walked up the stairs in silence, our footsteps echoing off the cinderblock walls. I pulled open the door marked '5' and walked out. The floor was filled with doctors running around, their lab coats trailing behind them like capes. We walked into Lucy's room and saw her sitting in the chair by the window.

"Hey, there you guys are, it's been awhile." She said when she heard the door open.

"Sorry love," I said before kissing her forehead.

"L I'm sorry," Haz started, "I don't want things to change between us, I was feeling overwhelmed, you know, with the whole you almost died and the whole gunman thing."

Lucy stood up and walked over to Haz, she gave him a hug before sitting down on her bed. "It's fine Haz, just don't do it again." She said with a laugh.

"You guys hungry? I was going to go get some food from the cafeteria." Haz said.

"Starving," Lucy said with a smile.