Part 18: Honest

Haz's POV

I was happy Lucy was doing okay but seeing them together still hurt a little bit. You see, I have had a crush on Lucy pretty much since we met. She never felt to same but as much as I tried to like another girl I kept going back to Lucy. She was my drug, she was the person who could make me happy even if the world was crumbling beneath us.

It was undeniable that they made each other happy, I could see it in both their faces when they looked at each other. Tom sat, holding her hand and stroking it with his thumb. As happy as I was for the both of them, I still found myself wishing it was me she was in love with.

"What are you thinking about Haz?" Tom asked looking at me. I tried to quickly come up with an excuse to be lost in my thoughts. I stood up sat on the windowsill leaning against the window.

"I'm thinkin' about what I'm gonna tell my boss." I lied.

"How long were you in the elevator?" Lucy asked turning her head, so she could look at me.

"Oh, I don't know a few hours?" I said trying to remember what time it was when I got into the elevator. "Long enough to drain my battery. If only I knew Tom's password." I said laughing.

"In your dreams buddy," Tom said laughing.

We all laughed, I looked at Lucy and saw her beaming. I wish she looked like that when I made her laugh. When you've had a crush on your best friend for four years, its hard to get over it.

Lucy made my day brighter, she was the sun; she made everything fall into its rightful place. But I could never tell her how I feel, it would wreck our friendship. I didn't want to ruin her relationship with Tom either, I haven't seen Tom this happy since he got the part of Spider-Man in Captain America Civil War. Now Tom has always known secret fourteen, and the morning after the party when we were talking in the hallway he promised he would leave, but I couldn't do that to him and Lucy.

"I'm gonna grab some food," Tom said before leaning down and kissing Lucy's forehead. I thought about telling her how I feel, I had time to explain everything because Tom probably wouldn't take the elevator. Fuck it, I thought.

"L can I talk to you about something?" I asked looking at her.

"You can talk to me about anything Haz." She said looking at me.

"Do you know what secret 14 is?" I asked part of me was screaming Abort! Abort! But I charged on.

"No, that's the one of the three you never tell me, why?"

"I want to tell you what it is," I started but Lucy cut me off.

"Haz, its fine to have a few things you don't tell me, I get it." She said.

"No, I want to get this out in the open, I've been keeping it for too long. But you have to promise that you won't make everything awkward." I said she looked worried.

"Okay," She said intrepidly.

"Lucy, I like you, in that way and I have since I met you," I said. You fucktard why the bloody hell did you tell her!

"Look Haz-" I cut her off.

"I know what you are going to say, it's fine, I'm glad you're happy with Tom and I'm happy for you both, really."

We sat in silence for a few minutes she was looking up at the ceiling.

"L?"

"Haz, I'm sorry, I just wanna be friends, and if breaking up with Tom would make everything better for you I would do it." She said.

Yes, that would make everything so much better, please break up with him. Then I don't have to see you two together all of the time. "Lucy you are happy with Tom, please don't break up with him because of me," I said.