Part Four: Ruin

Lucy's POV

I watched as Tom drove off. I stood up and walked back inside to find Haz pacing around the room.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I think I just ruined my friendship with Tom." He said now standing still.

"What happened Haz?" I asked worried and confused what could  of happened in the ten minutes it took for me to get ready.

"It's nothing Lucy, you wouldn't understand." He said walking away.

"Try me." I said grabbing his arm.

Haz sighed and turned to face me, "Let's say I like this girl, and this girl has no idea I like her in that way. She meets Tom at a party and is clearly falling in love with him, and Tom is falling for her too, but Tom knows that I like her. Then we fought about the girl and I told him to leave after he already made plans to stay longer."

I was confused, Who is 'this girl' I thought. For a second I thought it was me, but Haz tells me pretty much everything and he never told me he liked me in that way. Shit. I thought as I remembered the first line he said.

"Harrison, who is the girl?" I asked, hoping it was anyone but me.

"She is this amazing, beautiful, kind and perfect girl, and she's standing right in front of me." He said a small smile crept on his face.

"Haz," I started.

"Look I get it, you could never like me in that way, it's perfectly fine. I understand." Haz said before he turned away and walked to his room.

I sat on the couch trying to understand what just happened. Haz likes me? I couldn't believe it. We told each other everything, he was my best friend and I honestly expected he would have told me by now. Tom is falling for me? I thought, a smile crept on my face. I heard my phone ringing on the counter.

"Hey Lucy, how are you?" Tom asked.

"I was the reason Haz made you leave?" I said, I felt so guilty.

"How do you know about that?" Tom asked surprised.

"Haz told me. Tom, I'm so sorry, If I had known I that I was the problem then I would of left so you two could finally catch up, Haz has missed talking to you, you coming into town was the only thing he could talk about for the last month."

"Lucy it wasn't your fault, none of this is your fault." He said.

"Have you gotten on the plane?" I asked hoping he was still here.

"I just pulled into the airport. Why?"

"Come back, Haz feels terrible, he thinks he ruined your friendship."

"Are you sure he even wants me to come back."

"He might not want it at first, but it needs to happen."

"I'll be there in an hour." Tom said. "Bye, Lucy."

"Bye." I said before hanging up the phone.

Why do relationships have to be so freaking complicated?! I walked to Haz's room the door was locked.

"Haz open up." I said. I heard him get up and walk to the door.

"Lucy," He started but I cut him off.

"Open the freaking door Haz."

I heard the door unlock, he opened it. His eyes were swollen like he had been crying.

"What wrong?" I asked concerned.

"I'm ruining everything!" He said now mad.

"no your not Haz, I'm the same Lucy Reid I was yesterday and, Tom is still Tom."

"Tom isn't going to talk to me again. I said some really stupid stuff L."

"Tom is coming back from the airport as we speak. He called me, and I told him to come back."

"L you don't get it,"

"Then I will do my best to understand." I said before pulling him into a hug, "Haz, everything is fixable, and you won't have to do it alone." I said.