- Rhiannon -

I woke up dead. Or maybe I was dead and woke up alive. Who can tell the difference in this wasteland, in this land of nobody. Savages, hot weather, burning sun, dangerous animals, who can kill me anytime.

No

No... Who am I kidding? How could I be afraid of these cute beasts? I could break their neck just with a thought and take a bath in their blood. My skin would be so smooth then...

I just laid on my bed, opened my slits and stared to the wall.

I hate it here.

That morning was unusualy cold. This is how I knew, you will come. You always bring cold with you, my lover. But that is okay, I will make our body heat in the end.
I know, what are you going to ask, what will you want me to do.

Curse...

I can't stop smiling, no... I can't stop laughing... That wicked voice inside my head is laughing everytime you come here.

What curse, my lover? You are not cursed, you are gifted. Accept it and you will be free. Free like a black bird, like raven in the sky.

I miss ravens...

I will close my eyes now and wait for you to come. I can't wait to be in your arms again. I can't wait to see you holding back, ignoring me, refusing me...
You will be mine, I swear, you will be mine, my lover...

"You know about the crowd of people, who are afraid of you, James?" Rhiannon looked at a man standing in front of her in the doorway and sat on her bed. "I am not one of them, so get the hell here and tell me, what do you want."

She stood up, flipped her hair and went to the table, sat on the chair and crossed her legs

She stood up, flipped her hair and went to the table, sat on the chair and crossed her legs. He watched her as she poured a cup of a red wine and took a sip.

"You haven't changed a bit," he narrowed his eyes, "witch."

You are making this so easy for me, lover. You think you can get under my skin so easily? You call me a witch, like that is a bad thing. But I will feed your ego, I will let you think, that I am weak and vulnerable. That is okay, you can be dominant today.

She angrily threw a cup with wine his direction and with a small move of her hand, she pinched him to the wall.
"Sorceress," Rhiannon came to him and whispered to his ear.

Luscious scent of her body  combined with the unique intoxicating scent of lavender, filled his mind immediately and he had to try hard to stop the arousal, that she caused the very moment her lips touched his earlobe. Her long raven hair all around her back, shoulders.
Her eyes full of anger.
What colours are they? Is it a shade of grey? Blue? Or is it a shade of emptiness and darkness? Does her twisted mind, her wicked soul simply erased all the colours from her body and left her eyes vacant?

Just pale skin and dark hair. Black and white. Good and bad.

"Like there's a difference," he murmured, when he overcame the effect she had on him.

"Of course there is a difference and we both know, that you are the one to tell. Otherwise you wouldn't be here, but somewhere in the bush dancing with savages around the fire," she let him go, he fell on his knees and it took him a few seconds to get up. He took a cup, she threw at him before.

"You're stronger," he looked at her and went closer.

"Don't be so surprised, I had to find my way how to survive in this world," she gently fixed few locks of her raven hair, went back to the table and sat down.

"I need you to release me from a curse," James sat next to her and poured himself a wine.

Here we go...

"How many time do I have to repeat it, James? It's not a curse, it's a gift. Accept it and stop fighting it."

"I feel like I'm drowning," he whispered, "I can't eat, sleep, I need you to make it stop. Here, will this change your mind?" he threw a leather bag on a table.

Really, James, money? Gold? Silver? Or diamonds? What it is today? Oh, so gold for today.

"Who do you think I am? Some whore, whose services you can buy with your gold?" she hissed and stood up. She went to the window and watched the weak rivulet floating next to her small wooden cabin.

I hate it here... I miss ravens...

"Do you really think, that money is what I need here in the middle of nowhere? Stop being ridiculous, Delaney."

Black and white dress highlited her curves, she knew how to dress herself to look irresistibly.

"So, what do you want, hm?" he grunted and glared at her with his wicked eyes.

Finally, lover...

"How about a magic word?"

She rolled her eyes immediately. "You know what? Nevermind," Rhiannon said, whe he gave her a blank look.

She came to him and sat on his lap. In this moment he pulled out a knife and put it to her neck.

Yes, I love it rough. Take me in a wicked way... I already feel, that you want me. You try to act like you don't care, but I already see your eyes all dark from arousal. Yes, act like you want to fight it, act like you don't care.

"What are you doing?" he murmured in a deep voice.

"Really? What's all this primness about? Last time we were in this position, we were naked and you had no problem with it," Rhiannon whispered and smirked wickedly. "So, take that bloody knife down or I swear I'll stab you with it," a tone of her voice has changed and he obeyed.

"Now close your eyes and try to relax," she put her hands in front of his face and a light came from her palm.

***

He woke up, lying in her bed. She was lying next to him, a beautiful scent came from her bare skin. He dressed up and sat next to her on the bed.

"So?" he asked quietly.

"All I can see is a chaos in your mind. Briliant mastermind fighting with his biggest enemy - loneliness," Rhiannon said staring to the wall.

I know that feeling too...

"Now go and let me sleep. I believe your ship will leave soon. I hope you'll find your happiness back in England."

James wanted to ask her, how does she know. But she was inside his head for such a long time, he'd be surprised if she didn't.
He rubbed her back. Smooth, white skin, covered with her raven hair.
He suddenly took a knife to his hand and cut one of her locks, he inhaled its scent and put it into his pocket.

"I'll see you soon," he whispered.

"No, you won't. You won't see me ever again," she said half sleeping already.

"Then I will visit you in your dreams, my love, my dark Rhiannon," he kissed her on the curve of her neck and vanished in the darkness.

If he stayed a little bit longer, he would have heard a wicked snigger, that came out through her lips.

I don't have dreams, lover. But I will visit you, be sure I will. Not only when you will be sleeping. No... I won't make you to forget me.

God, I miss ravens...