- Riannon & Helena -

"Good morning, Riannon

"Good morning, Riannon. How do you feel today?"

Sound of a voice, that brought young woman from trains of her thoughts back to the Earth. Of course, again, you appeared here like with a snap of a fingers, Riannon pondered. What will be next? You will try to persuade me, that I am mad again? That everything is only inside my head?

Her thoughts were flying in head, while she kept her eyes closed and she didn't open them for long. If I did, I got that terrible headache again, like everyday I open my eyes and this awful white walls are killing me. I feel like drowning, like suffocating.

Where are you?

Why did you left me?

"Riannon?" Helena's voice was quiet and calm. She kept her distance, sitting on a chair by the bed, where young woman was lying without making a sound, without a single move.

"Go away," Riannon told her with her eyes closed. She laid on her side and her ling raven hair were spreaded all over her shoulders, few locks falling on her white hospital's pajamas. "Leave me alone," she added and cuddled her legs to her chest.

"I just want to help you. To understand you. I... I see, that you feel like I'm your enemy, but I am your doctor, your psychiatrist," Helena said calmly and sighed.

"Psychiatrist?" Riannon furrowed brows. "Like the alienist?"

Helena tilted her head and in silence for few seconds pondered. "Ah, yes. That is how people called us in the past." She cleared her throat and curiously observed woman on the bed. "Do you know, what day is?"

Riannon was surprised by this question, but she answered honestly. "No. Days in this shithole are all the same and I don't recall anybody ever bothered to even tell me, what day it is or how long you hold me here," she said through clenched teeth. "Against my will," she added almost whispering.

"It's Tuesday today," Helena said. "You are here, because you tried to commit a suicide, Riannon. And you threatened your fiance with a knife, when he wanted to help you."

"I don't have a fiance."

"Nathaniel," Helena said and her words were cut off by a sound, that remainded her a growling dog ready to attack.

"That little shaking cunt is not my fiance," Riannon murmured angrily into a pillow. Her eyes still closed and her hand in a fist. To Helena, as she was observing Riannon's reactions, it truly felt, like she'd jump on her and tear her apart any moment.

"Nathaniel was here few times. Until now we agreed, that it would be better for you two to not meet. He didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable and I agree. You are still fragile and need time. Riannon," Helena said and paused, then asked, "who is James? You've been calling this man's name from your sleep. Multiple times."

Tears began to roll down over her cheek, over her nose and her chin was shaking. She began to sob and sniffle quietly.

Why did you leave me alone?

"Was he your lover before Nathaniel? Friend? Colleague? Ex boyfriend?" Helena questioned, then tried to push a little further. "The father of the baby you carried?"

The baby, suddenly crossed her mind. My son. The part of my heart. She laid her hands on her belly. "What do you mean, carried?"

Helena sighed and cleared her throat. "Riannon, do you know what year is?" She asked as she remembered, that she went to abortion three years ago.

"1820," she answered with eyes closed and Helena froze.

"Ah..." She let out a surprised gasp and words got stuck in her throat. "But Riannon... It's 2017."

And Riannon opened her eyes...