- Rhiannon and Devil -

Are you really leaving, my lover? Without a single hint of hesitation, without looking back. Thank you for the dinner and that is it? Won't you even look at me?

What on Earth you want me to do? What must I do to earn at least a single look?

Nothing.

You left. You really have left me...

"How was the dinner, Mr. Delaney?" Sarah asked him, when he entered his house.

His eyes stopped at her, silent grunt instead of an answer.
"Where is your mother?" he asked and came closer to young girl.

"Sleeping, sir," Sarah whispered without avoiding his piercing gaze.

"Is there a woman in this cursed town, who is not a witch, dear Sarah?" James asked and girl giggled silently.

"That is what I thought."

He entered his bedroom and stopped.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, stern sound of his voice stabbed her like a knife.

Why are you so cold, my lover?

"I wanted to see you, is that a crime?" Rhiannon, standing next to the window, turned and came closer to him.

It's so silent inside your mind.

"You left without saying good night or goodbye. You left without even looking at me."

"Rhiannon, my dark Rhiannon," James looked at her slowly raising his hand to her face. Dark eyes watching her almost vacantly. "You are an engaged lady. You said it yourself. And I really don't want to look at you in an inappropriate way. What would your fiance said? What would he thought, if he saw you here in my bedroom in the middle of the night?"

Why are you trying to hurt me? What is happening?

"James," she whispered, but he placed his finger on her lips.

"Good night, Rhiannon. This is why you are here, isn't it? To hear me saying goodnight. Well then?"

She stared into his eyes and she found nothing inside. Not even in his mind.

"I hate you," she hissed and rashly moved his hand from her face. "Almost three years, you were gone for three years! I started to feel better finally, reconsiled with the fact, that I will never see you again. And from out of nowhere you suddenly appear, walk into my house, my new life and treat me like-"

"Like an engaged lady," he cut her off with a smirk on his lips. "Am I wrong or you came for more than just good night, my Rhiannon?" he moved closer to her, his lips almost touching hers. "Tell me, love. Is there something else on you mind? Something more than me wishing you sweet dreams? Did memories, that you brought back, wake up some new feelings?"

"No," she whispered.

Her voice broke in the shortest word in the world.

"Liar," he whispered to her ear, she felt hot breath on her neck as he moved his lips slightly touching her pale skin. "Rhiannon, my love, I can smell that scent coming from your body. Shame, shame my love... I must be a gentleman. I will be a gentleman."

He stepped aside and passed her by.

"Good night, love. I hope you will have a sweet dreams," he said without looking at her. "Now leave, I am tired."

Rhiannon angrily clenched her fist and slammed the door behind her without a single move, windows got open and strong wind started to howl in the room.

"You really are a devil. Bloody bastard. I wish you'd never came back!" she murmured, her eyes dark.

"Stop it," James said strictly staring at her. "Stop it, Rhiannon!"

She turned and opened the door with a look.

"It was you, who came to my house, love. Uninvited," he came closer behind her. "Oh, and this happens again, my love, you will be punished for breaking into my house without asking."

Rhiannon turned, fear, anger and sadness in her eyes, replaced in a second with pure lust. She saw him lifting his arm and cold end of leather whip landed on the curve of her neck.

She gasped for air and even though she tried hard to remain silent, almost inaudible moan came out through her lips.

"So, you do remember it, my dark Rhiannon. Of course you do, how could you forget? You gave it to me."

"You said I taste like heaven," she suddenly whispered and he could see how surprised she was, how vulnerable, thoughts that should stay hidden crawled outside, betraying her.

"You do, love. You do. But if I remember correctly, Devil was  banished from Heaven, isn't that true? Heaven is locked for him. Or am I wrong?"

He placed the whip on her ankle and the leather, following the curve of her leg, almost raised her skirt up over her thights.

I must get out of here.

James watched her running down the hallway and came to the other side of the house to see her horse run in gallop on the road.

Smile on his lips and his eyes shining bright, even in the darkest night.

Yes, my dark Rhiannon, run. But be sure, that I will come to your house again soon, I will make your body shake from eternal lust, I will make you beg, I will fill your mind with desire and despair. I will make you to forget your fiance's name, his face, his whole existence. You will be screaming my name again in your bed, I'll make sure everybody will hear it. Everyone, my love. Everyone in this cursed town will soon know, that you belong to me. That you are mine.

My dark Rhiannon.