- Beast's Lair -

"Mr. Delaney!" William walked toward James with a smile and offered him hand to shake, which James politely accepted without taking off his glove.

"Welcome to my house, welcome and enter, everybody awaits you!"

House bigger, than the one where James lives now. New house, built from bricks, stone and wood.

New furniture, new carpets, new paintings on the walls, if you stopped in front of them you could smell the scent of colours. Luxury chandeliers and  scones made from glass, holding hundreds of candles, in the main room, where people were gathered, a big fire place with flames swallowing the wood. Comfortable heat coming from the fire made James close his eyes and accept the warmth, that fire offered.

Elements... So powerful, yet so cruel. Life giving and life taking. Water can bring you back to life, but it can drown you. Fire can warm your numb body, but it can turn you into a dust.

Life is weird, what is the point of us walking the Earth, waiting for Death to come? 

"Let me introduce you my beautiful wife, Mr. Delaney," William lead his guest through his house. "She must be here, somewhere..." he mumbled under his breath while his eyes were searching amongst guests. "Oh! Here, my love!" he suddenly smiled.

Well, I'll be damned. William you poor bastard.

"This is my treasure, Mr. Delaney, this is my wife Anna Henrietta." Woman in dark blue dress came to them shooting daggers with her eyes.

Green should be such a vivid colour, so how is it possible, that your eyes are colder than ice, witch? At least you are not pretending, that you are pleased to see me again. You are not even trying to create polite smile or hiding behind a  mask.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Bentley," James nodded his head slightly.

"So, in the end you came to us, Mr. Delaney," Anna Henrietta murmured through her lips and clenched jaw.

"Yes, your husband invited me, he said I will be welcomed here and I feel that warm reception in here, I mean, it's like I was touched by the sun, lady of the house," James said smirking slyly, sarcastic tone in his voice noticed even poor William, who let out nervous laugh and asked:

"How about you, Mr. Delaney? There is no Mrs. Delaney?"

"Not yet," James said and heard a sound similar to growl, that left Anna's throat.

Interesting.

"Marriage is blessing, sir. Marriage and children, of course!"

"Do you have any children, Mr. Bentley?"

"No!" Anna Henrietta hissed and William looked at her surprised.

"We do," he said few seconds later,  "we have got beautiful daughter."

Amazing, another witch. This evening can not be better. I shouldn't be surprised, I am in Salem, for God's sakes.

"A daughter," James repeated, watching Anna Henrietta curiously.

"Yes. We are proud parents. God sent us beautiful, wise daughter. She is engaged, her future husband is a local teacher. To be honest, not very rich, but wealthy, when it comes to wisdom and knowledges," William spoke avidly about his daughter, but James stopped listening to him after the word "yes".