Chapter 1 - Flight

"Do you mind?!" One hero yelled, dodging a ball of pure black that shot past him.

"You don't have to fight! Just give up and you won't have to keep going with this." Another added, swinging his leg out and tripping the villain.

"Obviously... I do..." The villain panted, scrambling up and creating spikes of black out of the rooftop they were standing on, blocking an attack from a light-blue dressed hero.

"That's only what you think." A third hero hummed, the villain attempting to dodge an attack from him and failing, ending up with a punch to the gut, that wasn't the first hit, and wouldn't be the only bruise he had under the suit.

The villain groaned and flipped his cape, sprinting and jumping off the roof, landing on another. A white-clad superhero followed after, hot on the villains trail.

Except for the fact that the moment he landed, the villain was gone in a split second. He had just disappeared, almost into thin air.

~~~~

Roman was at Logans house later that day, which made sense considering they were dating.
"How did he get away? I don't understand it!" He whined loudly. "I was right behind him!"

The two were superheroes, along with their other boyfriend Patton who was on his way over. Of course they wore masks so no one knew it was them except for the others.

"I'm sure he just had an advantage of some sort. Stop screaming, the windows are open and someone could hear you." Logan replied, calmly washing dishes. Which was odd considering he had just finished changing back into his normal clothes.

Roman growled slightly.
"But i'm upset!" He whined again, setting his mask on the counter and wrapping his arms around Logans middle from behind.

"Well be upset at a quieter volume. And put that away before someone sees it." Logan said, snickering slightly. The front door opened and Patton walked in.

"Oh! Hello my dearest, were you hurt or no?" Roman asked quickly, walking over to the door.

"Heya boys! No, i'm just fine." Patton replied happily, kissing Roman sweetly as he walked in and taking off his cape and mask, handing them to Roman.

"Good. I don't need another reason to fight him." Roman mumbled angrily.

"Be nice, i'm sure he's got a reason for everything he does." Patton chirped, sonehow finding the good which was always a surprise to Roman.

"Yeah because he's evil."

"He is not evil, Roman, you just can't get your head out of the Disney universe." Logan added from the kitchen.

"I am never going to forgive him! He's a villain! He robs stores and hurts people!" Roman exclaimed quickly.

"ANYWAYS..." Patton said loudly, very obviously switching the topic.

"Right. Can I write some character files on us? It would be soooo fun and then if they ever make a movie about us it's all written down!" Roman said quickly.

"Roman what if someone were to find them and figure out it was us?" Logan asked.

"Then.... ugh you're right. I'll just stick to decorating our superhero clothes." Roman replied, heading up to the room that held said clothes, remembering to grab his mask and take it there as he went.

Pattons clothes, he wore a light-blue t-shirt and blue skinny jeans, a gray mask like 'The Incredibles' masks, and a gray hooded cape with an "M" on the back.

Logans was more intricate, he had a long sleeved black shirt with "L" in deep blue on the front. He wore leggings, claiming jeans to be too impractical for fighting, and a blue mask that covered the bottom half of his face.

Romans was the most "costume-y" out of all of them. A white prince outfit with gold details and a red sash across the torso, and a red masquerade mask with gold roses on it.

Roman had made, or collected the parts of their costumes himself. He worked at a theater and had picked up a lot of skills from the costume designers. Their superhero-ing was more of a night job, they all lived fairly simple lives otherwise.

~~~~~

Virgil got back home, teleporting onto his matress with a groan. He got off his disguise, trying not to hurt himself more. When he looked in the mirror, bruises littered around his body and cuts in some places. The heroes had really done a number on him this time.

He sighed and laid in bed, holding back tears. Why couldn't he just be a normal person, why couldn't he live in an actual house? Why did he have to do bad to survive?!

What if I let them get me? He thought. What a desperate move that would be, but honestly he was in that situation. "Home" to him was an abandoned barn off the side of the highway. Truly, he was that desperate.

"That's dumb i'll be stuck in jail. Plus they might beat me up worse." Virgil mumbled to himself, trying to get comfortable.

What a life