Chapter 11 - Accident

Warning for knives, stabbing, blood, ambulances, hospitals

Patton groaned. It was midnight on a Sunday and he wanted to be anywhere but here.

"What the heck man, don't you know that we'll always find you?" He said to the robber. Then he had a knife pointed at him.

"Woah, woah, hey. Put the knife down, no one has to get hurt here." The hero said.

"Let me go and I won't hurt you." The robber said. Patton looked at the house, able to tell a family lived there.

"You know I can't do that." Patton replied.

"Well then we're both stuck here." The robber replied. And Patton was just about to reply before he was lunged at. The hero gasped and deflected the hit with his arm which was gashed open. Patton huffed.

"Come on. You know i'll win." Patton said, ignoring the warm red fluid leaking down his arm.

"I know your powers. You don't scare me." The man replied. Patton huffed and kicked his leg out, hitting the man in the stomach and he fell back.

Patton used his powers and was immediately floating out of reach.

"Come on man just-"

He felt a sharp pain in his stomach. The robber had thrown the knife. It had stabbed him. Patton gasped and fell back to the cement, tearing up and looking to his watch.

"C-Call Logic and P-Prince." He muttered, watching the robber sprint away. He didn't even get the bad guy.

"Morality? What's going on?" Prince asked first, grunting as he leaped from a forcefield to a building roof.

"I-I got stabbed, th-there... there was a-a robber- it h-hurts so b-bad." Patton stuttered out.

"Where are you?! Where were you hit?!" Logan asked instantly.

"The alley b-between a blue... h-house and a yellow one. Carver A-Aven-nue..." Patton mumbled.

"Everything's g-going black- Lo-" Patton stammered.

"No, nonono Patton you need to stay awake. We're on our way right now, I need you to keep talking. Where were you hit?" Roman asked.

"Th-the stomach... oh boy... that's-.. a lot of red..." Patton mumbled. Logan was clearly hyperventilating.

"Patton? You there?" Roman asked through the watch.

"Y-Yeah..." Patton mumbled, starting to cry. "Ro, I don't w-wanna die! I-I won't get to see anymore p-puppies or- or bake a-any-thing..." Patton stammered out.

"I know, I know Pat. You're not gonna die, it's all gonna be okay." Roman said quickly, and a second later he was on the ground next to Patton.

"Holy shit that's so much blood." Roman said. He gently put pressure on the wound, Patton screaming in pain. Roman took off Patton's mask and his cape. He used the cape to cover the wound around the knife, shoving the mask in his pocket.

"I'm here, i'm here, please keep talking Pat." Roman said, hands covered in blood.

"I l-love... you... a-and Logan.... a-and V-V... Vir-rgil..." Patton stammered.

"I know I know, and we love you too so so so much." Roman said quickly.

Logan landed next to them and you could hear sirens coming down the street.

"Ambulance is here, okay? Please stay awake Patton. You're gonna be fine." Logan said. He looked to Roman.

"Ride in the ambulance with him. I'm gonna go home and get Virgil and we'll drive to the hospital." He said immediately. Roman nodded. Logan kissed Patton's forehead and just as the ambulance showed up Logan ran off to go home.

~~~~~~

"Virgil!!" Logan yelled when he got in the house, Virgil flinching and sitting up, rubbing his eyes. Logan tossed off his cape and mask, and ran upstairs to change.

"Get clothes on and wake up, we're going to the hospital! Patton got stabbed!" Logan called.

Virgil froze. What? Patton got stabbed? He then jumped up and changed right then and there in the middle of the living room, into some jeans and one of Roman's hoodies he had been loaned.

"Let's go." Logan said, carrying a change of clothes for Patton as well as a few other things in a small bag.

Virgil quickly followed Logan out to the car, the two getting in. Logan then sped off to the hospital.

"How did he get stabbed?" Virgil asked, hands shaking.

"He got stabbed by a robber he was trying to stop." Logan said quickly, and suddenly Virgil six again, standing in the alleyway with his mom. Now he was hyperventilating.

"Virgil! Gotta concentrate hun." Logan interrupted, holding one of Virgil's hands as they sped down a road.

"Sorry- I-" Virgil stammered, crying now. Logan shook his head.

"It's okay. Please, just breathe for me. You're gonna be okay, Patton will be fine." Logan assured, staring ahead at the road.

"You don't know that." Virgil muttered, sniffling.

"No but I can hope."