Chapter 8 - Forgiveness

Virgil sniffled as the four appeared in the superhero's living room, immediately just collapsing onto the couch. Why did these three insist on plaguing his life with their relationship and their happiness and good attitudes.

Logan quickly went and changed, before gently placing a hand on Virgil's arm, the boy flinching away.

"I'm sorry Virgil, we didn't mean any harm..." Logan said softly.

"Just, just stop. Please. You guys are trying so hard and that only makes it hurt more. Just, I'm not worth it, really." Virgil muttered quickly, sniffling and curling up.

Roman felt so bad for the other. No parents, no home, no safe space, and now the three of them were watching him like there was no tomorrow.

"Guys, let's leave him alone for a little bit. He's... He looks like he needs some time." Roman said softly, gently laying a blanket over the boy who was shaking slightly. Virgil looked up at Roman apologetically, Roman shaking his head in response.

"Virgil... We're here for you. Our downsides might not be as bad but, we do understand, more than anyone else." Patton said softly, before the three went to make dinner.

Virgil pulled out his phone, before realizing it was dead. He didn't even have his music. Now what was he going to do? Sit here in his own misery? That wasn't going to help.

The other three got started on dinner, Roman rambling the whole time about a dream he had last night and just going on and on and on. But, both Logan and Patton were used to it, the two happily replying and listening. Virgil, who was listening from the other room, wondered why they hadn't told Roman to shut up yet.

That's what D-... That's what his old friends would do to him.

Suddenly the sound of a plate shattering caught Virgil's attention, a gasp heard along with a quite pitiful whine from one of the men.

"I'm sorry, I hit it on- I didn't mean- I ticked and it hit the cabinet door." Logan stammered, being hugged by Patton.

"It's okay LoLo, you didn't mean it, we know. Just use that big brain of yours to clean it all up!" Patton chirped, Logan chuckling slightly. The shards of glass floated into the air, Logan sending them to the garbage. But a small noise from behind him had the glass pointed at the noise, which happened to be Virgil, who was currently curled up to block the glass from getting his eyes or face.

"Oh my god, Virgil- I'm so sorry." Logan said, with a wave of his hand all the glass went to the garbage. No wonder Virgil didn't trust them yet.

Virgil slowly uncurled, looking small and fragile.

"C-c-can I s-sit in here...?" He asked in a whisper, Roman nodding.

"Of course you can Virgil. You can sit at the table if you want." Roman said gently, Virgil nodding and putting his hood over his head, playing with his sleeves nervously as he sat at the table. He just kind of watched the three go back to making food. They looked like a well-oiled machine, quickly working through ingredients as Roman went back to talking.

"Roman, love, can you scooch just a bit please?" Patton hummed, Roman moving so Patton could grab a mixing spoon.

"Oh, dear, I will take that bowl from you." Logan said, taking a bowl from Patton who then kissed the logical mans cheek, Logan blushing.

Virgil was regretting his decision to come in here. He was getting jealous. How were these three just soOOoOooOo perfect that they could be sweet and lovey like that? Virgil was honestly a little jealous. The boy took a deep breath, sniffling a little. Patton heard that instantly.

"Virge... What's wrong?" Patton asked gently. Virgil started sobbing.

"I-I'm so sorry! I'm such a bad person! I'm a criminal and I keep getting in your way and I ruined EVERYTHING!" Virgil cried, all three men stopping in surprise before instantly Virgil was picked up and taken to the living room. Before he realized what was going on, he was sitting, curled up in Romans lap. Patton was gently running his fingers in Virgils hair. Logan was sitting hesitantly off to the side.

"It's okay it's okay Virgil." Patton cooed.

"Everything will be okay."

"You're not a bad guy."