Chapter 3 - Introductions

Virgil backed up, before his back hit a wall.

"No no, where a-am I? I don't know who you are or where I am or what's going on or how I got here-"

"Listen kiddo. My name is Patton, Patton Dire. You know me as Morality. You're at my and my boyfriends house. You got knocked out and we took you here to make sure you were okay." Patton explained quickly, trying to calm Virgil down. He really didn't want him to panic and accidentally break out in anger.

"I- you're Morality? Oh god oh god I gotta get out of here, don't hurt me please!" Virgil said, backing into the corner of the room and curling up immediately.

"Hey, i'm not gonna hurt you. You already hit your head and I just wanted to be sure you would make it." Patton said quickly. Virgil tried to take a deep breath, accomplishing the task but it was shaky.

"What's your name kiddo?" Patton asked, taking a step closer to Virgil. Virgil watched Patton closely, scared of said person.

"...Why? You tryna put me in jail? I don't think so. Let me guess, the other two are here as well? I don't think so Morality." Virgil said, quickly running towards the door. Suddenly, he slipped and was seemingly wrapped up in what looked like glass to him.

Roman stood in the doorway, one hand up that made the forcefield now surrounding Virgil.

"Patton, don't be so nice. He's a villain, and he's trying to escape you hospitality." Roman said quickly, shooting Virgil a glare. Virgil immediately shrunk back, wanting to disappear.

"Ro, be nice. Look at him, he's shaking like a leaf." Patton defended back. That was correct, Virgil looked like he was about to cause an earthquake with how bad he was twitching and shaking.

"Which he deserves! He's a villain! He hurts people!" Roman said immediately. He looked up at Virgil who wanted to disappear.

"I-I've never hurt an-anyone! I've n-never e-even hurt one of y-you!" Virgil defended immediately, running out of breath as he started to panic.

"He's... He's not wrong Roman..." Patton said softly. He looked to Virgil, noticing the breathless boy whimpering.

"Roman. Let. Him. Go." Patton demanded, Roman setting Virgil on the couch with a sigh. Patton immediately was at Virgil's side.

"Hey, breathe in for four, hold for seven, out for eight." Patton advised softly, gently taking one of Virgil's hands. He didn't want this poor boy to panic, and realized how scary this must be for him. Virgil latched onto the instructions, using Pattons touch to ground himself as he steadied his breathing.

"I-I swear... I n-never hurt an-anyon-ne.." Virgil said softly. Patton gently hugged Virgil, the smaller whimpering as Patton touched a bruise. Patton immediately backed away.

"I'm so sorry... Where did you get all those?" Patton asked gently, looking up at Virgil to signal he knew about it. Virgil looked at the floor.

"You... you all... I never actually hit you guys... but you all hit me a lot and it leaves bruises and cuts sometimes..." Virgil muttered, not looking up at Patton. Patton covered his mouth with his hand, gasping.

"Kiddo i'm-"

"Glad you learned your lesson." Roman interrupted. He felt little sympathy for the dark man. Patton quickly got up, marching over to Roman with tears in his eyes.

"Listen here! I do not care about your dumb presumptions about this man, he is still a human being and we have been hurting him for years. You need to get your head out of your fantasies for once and realize what you're doing is wrong!" Patton said quickly. He was fed up with Romans hero complex when someone was hurting.

It was Romans turn to gasp. He frowned, quickly pushing past Patton and out of the front door without another word. He needed to blow off some steam and think.

Patton sniffled a little as Roman walked out, realizing he messed up by yelling. Logan came in a moment later, quickly pulling Patton into a hug.

"It's gonna be fine. He'll be back starlight." Logan said softly, comforting his emotional boyfriend. Virgil sat on the couch, watching the two for a moment before looking at the floor. He folded his arms, uncomfortable in their unfamiliar living room and having to witness a rather private scene. Plus, Virgil was getting just a bit jealous.

Logan looked to Virgil who was sitting on the couch. He carefully walked over, sitting next to him.

"You feeling okay?" Logan asked, Virgil looking at him and shaking his head a little. Logan gently rubbed Virgil's back.

"Just feel like i'm messing up your guyss life... I should go... Roman doesn't like me and I don't want to upset him anyways..." Virgil muttered. Logan shook his head, quickly wrapping an arm around Virgil both for comfort and to keep him still.

"Roman will get used to you. Can you tell me your name if I give you my word we're not going to arrest you?" Logan asked. Virgil nodded, Logan then holding his hand out for Virgil to shake. The smallest did, looking to Patton and Logan.

"M-my name is Virgil... V-Virgil Holmes..." Virgil stuttered softly, still nervous. Logan smiled, rubbing Virgils back for a moment longer before letting him go.

"My name is Logan, it's a pleasure to meet you Virgil. You already know Patton, and the one who left was Roman." Logan explained, Virgil nodding. He still felt bad that he was the reason Patton and Roman were fighting.

"I'm sorry..." Virgil muttered again. Logan shook his head quickly, looking to Patton for a little help. Patton came over, placing a hand on Virgil's knee and looking up at him.

"It's okay Virgil, I promise. You've done nothing wrong." Patton said gently. Virgil sighed softly, leaning back on the couch in defeat.