Chapter 12 - Awake

Logan pulled into the hospital parking lot, walking in with Virgil and going up to the desk.

"We're looking for a Patton Dire? Came in for being stabbed?" He said.

The receptionist hummed and looked through her computer.

"Sorry sir he's still in the ER, you'll have to wait. If you'd like I can call out your name when he is able to be visited?" They said. Logan nodded and gave the person his name, sitting with Virgil.

Virgil wasn't seeing much right now, his mind was racing and he was much too concentrated on the tragedy that had occurred. Though once he had calmed a bit, he noticed Logan.

Sometimes Logan's knee would jump up suddenly. Sometimes he would snap his fingers randomly. Sometimes he would make a tiny soft "mmm" noise from his throat. His wrist would twitch sideways.

"Lo? Why are you twitching?" Virgil asked softly.

"It's the downside to my powers, I have ticks, uncontrollable movements and noises, diagnosed as Tourettes  Syndrome." Logan said, making the tiny "mmm" noise again.

Virgil hummed.
"Oh. And that's how you hit that plate on the cabinet accidentally." He said gently. Logan chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah that's it Vivi." He replied.

Virgil leaned against Logan, head resting on his shoulder.

"You really think Patton's gonna be okay?" Virgil asked quietly.

"Yes, I really do." Logan replied, kissing Virgil's forhead. Some lady across from them in some other chairs scoffed and covered her childs eyes.

"Our boyfriend just got stabbed how about you shut up with your shitty attitude?" Virgil growled, Logan gently taking Virgil's hand in his. The lady shut up.

"Deep breaths love." Logan said gently.

"Sorry I just can't take more stress right now." Virgil mumbled. Logan hummed.

"It's alright don't worry, that's not our problem right now. Our problem is Patton." Logan said. Virgil leaned his head more on Logan's shoulder, Logan looking only to see Virgil passed out on his shoulder.

Logan did wake Virgil up from sleeping, what did he expect?

~~~~~~~

It was about twenty minutes later when Logan's name was called.

"Mr. Dire is in his hospital room and awake."

"Hey is? Thank you very much. What room is he in?" Logan asked.

"Room 306." The receptionist replied. Logan nodded and gently shook Virgil awake.

"Wanna go see Patton, Vi?" Logan asked. Virgil nodded immediately, hopping out of his chair and pulling Logan out of his chair.

"Come on Virgil, this way." Logan said, chuckling and walking with Virgil to room 306. Virgil immediately went in.

"Baby! Come here!" Patton chirped as soon as he saw Virgil. Virgil went over and hugged Patton very very carefully.

"I missed you are you okay please dont be dying or anything I love you-" Virgil rambled.

"Vivi i'm okay, just in pain and a little fragile." Patton said sweetly. "I missed you too!"

"You couldn't have missed him, you were passed out, love." Logan said, making the other two giggle and Logan pout as his knee jumped up again.

"Where's Ro?" Logan asked, Patton shrugging.

"He was gone before I woke up." Patton replied. Logan took out his phone as the doctor walked in, Virgil looking at them.

"Doctor? Obviously he got hit in the torso but did he hit any internal organs or anything important?" Virgil asked. The doctor shook their head.

"He's a pretty lucky duck, the knife missed all the organs and all major veins and arteries, so don't worry." They said. Virgil smiled.

"Good. Thank you doctor." Virgil said. He then looked back to Patton, kissing his forehead.

"You'll be outta here soon and home with us." Virgil assured Patton.