Chapter 7 - Home

Thomas took a deep breath, gently dabbing a washcloth over some of Virgil's wounds. He wondered where the hell Virgil got them. Maybe he got attacked on the way here, Thomas thought. He didn't live in a super safe part of town.

Virgil shifted slightly, clearly in pain as his eyes opened a little.

"What happened Virgil? Why are you here?" Thomas asked gently, running his fingers through Virgil's hair.

"I... I'm.. I had friends... but turns out I'm just a, just a stupid, piece of trash! Of course they don't actually care about me, why would they?" Virgil cried, tears starting to run down his cheeks. Thomas immediately brought Virgil into a hug.

"Hey, hey, don't cry... I'm sure it's a misunderstanding..." Thomas said, holding Virgil close.

~~~~~

Logan gasped, calling Patton.

"What's up?" Patton asked, smiling.

"Virgil was sighted twenty minutes ago in a hotel lobby. He looked pale." Logan said seriously, watching the security camera footage. That he hacked.

"He was asking for a certain Thomas Sanders. Looked him up, famous former Vine star, now Tik Tok. Found an Instagram photo from 2014 with the both of them in it."

"On our way. His 'house' is clear, like we left it." Patton replied.

"Got it. I'll send Prince the address, meet me there in twenty." Logan said, hanging up and texting Roman the adress before putting on his suit and heading to the address. When he got there, Patton and Roman were waiting on the roof.

"I can get us in through the window no problem." Prince said, smiling. Logic looked down at the third floor window.

"It's locked. Morality, can you get me down there?" Logic asked, Morality nodding and picking up Logic, flying down to the window with him. Logic focused for a moment before the window lock clicked open, prince joining them and creating a platform outside the window for them to help climb in. The three superheros quickly appeared in the apartment, silent.

"Hello?" Morality called softly.

Virgil heard Morality's voice, gasping. He looked to Thomas, panicked, Thomas deciding he would go out. Thomas opened the bedroom door, looking at the three hero's.

"Wh- Morality? Logic? Prince? Why are you here?" Thomas asked quickly. Logic looked over Thomas.

"We're looking for someone we have reason to believe is here with you. Have you heard of Virgil? He asked for you earlier today?" Logic asked. Thomas shook his head, looking at the hero's.

"I haven't seen my friend Virgil in many years, he's... Unfortunately become a criminal." Thomas said softly.

"Then you wouldn't mind us having a look around?" Prince asked, heading towards the bedroom. Thomas gasped.

"No no!" Thomas said quickly, getting in front of the door. Virgil sighed and came out of the room, Logic immediately grabbing him by the arm.

"What were you thinking? Did you think we wouldn't find you?" Logic asked immediately. "How stupid! Virgil, you can't go running off. We could've left you in that barn but we want to give you a home, and you run away?" Logic continued. Virgil was crying now, going silent and staring at the floor. Logan realized what he had done.

"Virgil..." He said softly. Virgil didn't respond. He did however look up at Logan.

"I'm sorry..." Logan muttered

Virgil shook his head a little. His fault, his fault. This was all his fault. Thomas frowned, taking Virgil from Logic, glaring at the superhero.

"Are they talking? Can you hear them?" Thomas asked softly. Virgil nodded a little.

"Don't listen... I know you miss them. Why did him yelling... Oh. Virgil, I'm so sorry..." Thomas said, Virgil just hugging Thomas tightly.  Morality looked concerned.

"What's going on?" The hero asked.

"His parents died when he was six. He hears them sometimes, that's the downside to his power. He can hear the dead." Thomas explained softly, hugging the crying boy.

"And that's why... That's why the crime and the bad living situation..." Logan mumbled. Thomas nodded.

"Oh Virgil... I'm so so sorry..." Prince said softly. Virgil shook his head.

"Shut it. You haven't cared about me the whole time, don't pretend like you do now. All of you. I'm just the villain in your perfect happy lives. Now go be happy away from me." Virgil muttered. Morality's heart broke.

"Virgil, when I was eight I lost my mother to an incurable illness. I can't say I know exactly what you're going through, but I know the pain you must be feeling. You don't need to out up a wall to keep everyone out, when you clearly have people who care and support you. I will say that us three have done a terrible job of making you feel accepted and at home. But we do care. I care." Prince said gently.

"Now, let's get you home, hmm?"

Virgil nodded slightly and took Logan, Patton, and Roman by the arm, waving to Thomas before teleporting them back to the house.