Chapter 16: Saving Logan

Warnings: Knives, Death, Blood, Fighting, Gore

~~~

Well, maybe there's a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya

Virgil put in his suit and quickly ran out of the house, teleporting away before Roman and Patton could object. His life was expendable. Logan's was not.

Virgil stood in front of the large building, which he quickly teleported into.

"Janus! Remus!" Virgil called, a ball of black energy resting in his hand. As soon as they showed up, they were getting killed.

"Oh, Virg-AH!" Janus screeched, dodging to the side as Virgil threw the ball at him. Janus lunged, doing a kick aimed at Virgil's head, the emo ducking and pulling up a black spike from the floor, throwing it at Janus. Remus appeared, diving in front of Janus and using his power to melt the spike to pieces. Janus smirked slightly. Virgil panted.

"Don't get cocky Janus." Virgil growled.

"Virgil! Help!" Logan called out from somewhere in the building.

"I'm coming Logan!" Virgil called back. Virgil ran straight towards Janus and Remus, diving under their legs. Remus threw a ball which landed right in front of Virgil, melting a hole in the floor. Virgil teleported over, sprinting down the hallway with Janus and Remus running after him. Virgil looked around, before hopping up into an open air duct and going silent. Janus and Remus ran under him and kept going, Virgil letting out a breath.

Virgil silently teleported down to the floor, walking around and following after Janus and Remus. He had to either fight them or find Logan.

"VIRGIL! PLEASE, HURRY!" Logan cried, Virgil breaking into a sprint and heading towards the voice. He couldn't let Logan be hurt any worse. He turned a corner and busted open a door, seeing Logan, sitting, tied to a chair. This was too obvious... too easy...

"Logan?" Virgil whispered.

"Virgil! Please, I- they hurt me! They beat me and shocked me, please get me out of here! They put this stuff in me, I can't use my powers anymore-" Logan said, starting to cry. Virgil quickly ran up, untying Logan from his chair, and helping him up.

"Logan i'm so sorry-" Virgil started.

"Just- let's get out of here. Please." Logan mumbled, hugging Virgil tightly and crying. The last day had been hell, so much pain had come his way. He was shaking as he stood, he had lost so much blood.

"Yeah i'll get you home and out of here. Roman and Patton are waiting." Virgil said softly. Suddenly, Logan was ripped from his arms, behind held still by Remus.

"Didn't think you'd get away that easy did you?" Janus said, tutting dismissivly at Virgil. Virgil looked at Logan's panicked eyes, and took a deep breath.

"Janus please. Why are you doing this? Take me, let him go! Please!" Virgil said, holding out his arms. Janus smirked and grabbed Virgil, pulling him close and holding him by the waist. Disgusting, Virgil thought.

"Welcome back darling~... Remus?" Janus said. Remus looked away from Logan, to the deceptive villain.

"Kill him." Janus growled.

It's not a cry that you hear at night

"What?! NO! NO YOU PROMISED! LOGAN!" Virgil screamed, thrashing against Janus and kicking at him. Remus grinned, grabbing a switchblade and shoving it through Logan's stomach. Logan gasped, reaching a hand out to Virgil.

It's not somebody who's seen the light

"V-... Virg-gil..." Logan stammered, before collapsing to his knees, and then the ground. Virgil got away from Janus, running over and falling to his knees. He scooped Logan up in his arms, cradling him.

It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

"No, nonono Logan, please, stay with me." Virgil stammered. Logan grabbed on to Virgil's arm, breath stuttering.

Hallelujah

"Th-thank you... f-for..." Logan trailed off, blinking. He coughed, curling up. Virgil gently cupped Logan's face, other arm holding him up. Logan looked at Virgil, smiling.

Hallelujah

"I l-love... y-you..." Logan muttered. And with the last of his energy, he gently ran his fingers on Virgil's face, before dropping back to his lap as his eyes went blank. Virgil started sobbing, clutching Logan's body tightly.

Hallelujah

"I'm so sorry! I-I should've been here sooner!" Virgil cried. "Please no! Come back! LOGAN!" He cried, tears pouring down his face. He slowly let go of Logan, laying his dead boyfriend down gently. He moved the hair off of Logan's bloody, bruised face. He stood up slowly, tears pouring down his cheeks. He took one last look at Logan, and then turned to face Janus and Remus. His eyes faded to pitch black.

Hallelujah

~~

"I hope you're ready to pay for what you've done."