Chapter 17: What Now

For the sake of not writing an entire chapter of triggering content, here's what happened.

Remus and Janus were beaten within an inch of their life

Warnings: Mentions of Death, bodies, blood, another death but it's not one of the main four, fighting, grief

~~~~~~

Virgil teleported home, standing in the living room. The house was empty, even though Patton and Roman were right there.

"Virgil! Why are you covered in blood?! Where's Logan?! Is everything okay?!" Patton rambled, Virgil looking up at Patton with empty, broken eyes.

"They killed him." Virgil muttered. Both men froze, staring at Virgil.

"Who killed who? Virgil, please tell me-" Roman started, getting cut off by Virgil.

"They killed him. Logan. He's... he's dead..." Virgil muttered, starting to sob again. He collapsed to his knees.

"The killed Logan! I-I tried to save him, I tried to trade me for him! But they tricked me, and they killed him! I- I held him as he died right in front of me!" Virgil screamed, sobbing loudly. Roman and Patton were speechless. It was pure emotional shock. The color drained from Roman's face, his hands starting to shake.

"Virgil-" Roman started. Virgil suddenly stood up, grabbing his boyfriends by the arms snd teleporting them there. Patton gasped.

"LOGAN!" Patton screeched, diving towards the pale corpse laying in the floor. He looked at the knife in Logan's stomach, and the broken, bruised face and arms of his boyfriend. He shakily pulled Logan onto his lap. Patton did not care that it was a body. He hugged Logan's body, listening for a heartbeat as he put his ear to Logan's chest. Nothing. He felt the tears roll down his cheeks.

"Logan..." Patton sobbed, laying down the body. He leaned and kissed Logan's forehead, gently running a thumb on Logan's face.

"I hope you're somewhere better, honey." Patton muttered, standing up. He got up, walking over to Virgil and pulling him into a hug. Virgil hugged back tightly.

Roman had gone. He was wandering through the building, following a trail of blood. And when he turned a corner, there they were.

"YOU FUCKING COWARDS!" Roman roared, making a box of forcefeils around them and shrinking it until there was barely any space to breathe.

"You killed him! The love of my life!" Roman screamed, letting the two boys out and immediately roundhouse kicking Janus into a wall. The deceitful villain groaned, sinking down to the floor. Roman used a forcefeild to slam Remus against a wall, and then he punched Janus again. They both deserved to die for what they'd done.

"Roman! Please!" Remus whimpered, coughing up blood. Roman lifted his brother's chin up.

"I should've killed you when I had the chance." Roman murmured, slamming Remus's head into the ground, killing him.

"And as for you-" Roman said, turning back to Janus. However, Janus was nowhere to be seen. He had dissapeared. Roman growled, bent on revenge. They deserved it, an eye for an eye. He was going to make Janus pay.

"Roman? Roman!" Patton called. Roman heard Patton yelling, but said nothing. Virgil turned the corner, seeing Remus beaten to death and Roman standing there.

"Roman... please no! Don't go after Janus- you know you can't!" Patton said, following after Virgil. Roman pushed his boyfriends off of him, taking a step or two back with his fists clenched.

"He deserves to pay for what he's done!" Roman yelled, angry beyond belief. How could anyone do something like this?

"I'm going to find Janus. I'll be home when I do. You two can decide what to do with the bodies." Roman muttered, starting to head off. Virgil reached out for Roman.

"Is that what Logan would want?" Virgil asked, Roman freezing. The prince fell to his hands and knees.

"Logan's dead... what does it matter anymore...?" Roman muttered. Virgil ran over and lunged into a hug, holding Roman close, Patton joining in and hugging both of them.

"What do we do...?" Roman whispered. Patton and Virgil paused, Virgil looking at his boyfriends, and then Remus's body.

"What we think is right..." Virgil replied softly.