Chapter 9 - Together

"Vivi, take a breath... you haven't ruined anything.... we may have treated you very poorly but it's gonna be okay, we know a lot more now and we forgive you." Logan said gently. Roman and Patton nodded in agreement.

"Sweetie... we enjoy having you here. And really you're not a bother. You make u-"

"I like you guys. All three. Of you. That's why I don't want to be around you. I'm jealous because you three have each other and I have nothing. I have no one. I have never had anyone who loves me! Not even parents! Let alone friends or partners! I have lived my life alone and seeing you three here and happy makes me hurt so much!" Virgil cried aloud. The room then fell silent, except for Virgils sobbing.

"Virgil... We... Us three talked about this privately. We like you too. Logan was the first to admit it, then me and Patton-" Roman started, being interrupted by Logan.

"Patton and I."

"Then Patton and I said it too. We like you too. That's why we want you here and safe. We know you have nowhere else, and we want you safe and happy. But we figured you hated us." Roman said, taking a deep breath. He gently kissed Virgils forehead, the boy still in his lap. Then it was Virgils turn to freeze. What? They... They liked him too?

"Roman... Pat, Logan... you don't have to fake to make me feel better..." Virgil muttered, knowing this was going to be a prank in the end. Patton shook his head immediately.

"We're not faking. We genuinely like you. So so much Virgil. We all want to make you happy and make you feel loved and cared for. You deserve the world V." Patton said gently. Virgil immediately got up and tackled Patton, kissing him which Patton gladly returned. Then, Virgil kissed Logan, then Roman.

"God damn... that felt amazing. I have wanted to do that for way too long." Virgil said softly, causing laughter from the other three, Virgil eventually joining in on the giggling.

"Well shit. I guess that means... uh, boyfriends?" Logan said to Virgil. Virgil grinned, immediately nodding. Patton got up instantly, doing a small spin before heading into the kitchen.

"Boys! Can you help me clean? We're going out for dinner instead!" Patton cooed from the kitchen, Roman and Logan chuckling and heading into the kitchen. Virgil got up as well, but paused for a moment. He gently pinched his arm. No way this was actually real. But the sting in his arm confirmed his reality. He... He was happy... Virgil walked into the kitchen, wondering what he could do to help. He carefully approached the others.

"What can I do to help?" Virgil asked cautiously, Logan thinking for a moment as his eyes glowed yellow as a few dishes floated up into the cabinet.

"Hmm... want to help Patton put things away?" Logan asked. Virgil nodded. He gently picked up a bowl, before it suddenly disappeared into thin air.

"Huh?" Virgil mumbled. Patton looked over, wondering where the bowl had went as well. Virgil then suddenly had an epiphany. He immediately went to the fridge and looked inside, gasping.

"I teleported it. Holy shit. I haven't done that in years! I haven't done that since I got Lilly!" Virgil said, grinning. The other three looked at Virgil curiously.

"Who's Lilly?" Patton asked gently, smiling because Virgil was happily.

"Lilly was the barn cat who lived with me. I guess I can only do that when I'm happy..." Virgil said softly, smiling and giggling softly. This was... This was the best thing that had ever happened to him.

"That's so amazing Virgil!" Patton said immediately, hugging Virgil tightly. Logan smiled and gently took Virgils hands.

"You certainly are full of surprises." Logan said, chuckling softly and kissing Virgils forehead before heading into the other room. Virgil blushed immediately, brain shutting down for a moment. Restarting... Roman and Patton laughed, causing Virgil to smile.

He really was happy.