Chapter 6 - Downsides

Logan idly tapped his fingers on the table as Patton put dishes in the sink.

"So, what do we do about him?" Roman asked, taking a deep breath. Patton looked over to the boy, thinking.

"What do you mean? With Virgil? We make sure his head is fine." Patton said, sitting back at the table.

"Yeah, but after that. He can't just live here. I think we take him to jail. He is a thief, a supervillain, he's not safe to just let go." Roman said quickly.

"Yes we can." Logan said simply. "We just let him leave and then he's not our problem."

"He's not our problem, but he's the superheros problem. He's the city's problem." Roman said. "We make sure he's okay, then we drop him off at jail and let the cops take care of him."

Virgil had heard every word. He teleported his sore, bruised body back to the living room, grabbed his bag, and then just teleported though the front door. They didn't want him around, he'd leave. Even Logan thought he was a problem.

The boy made his way through the city, his backpack on his shoulders as he walked to an apartment building on 22nd Street.

"Please still be here... Please..." Virgil said softly, entering the building. He walked up to reception. His vision shifted quickly, Virgil getting dizzy.

"Which apartment... Sanders...?" Is all Virgil heard himself say. He knew he said the whole sentence but he was so dizzy.

"Apartment 27. Second floor, fourth apartment on your left." The receptionist said. Virgil nodded and mumbled a thank you. It felt like it took him hours to get upstairs, trudging and dragging his exhausted body to Apartment 27. Virgil knocked. The door opened as Virgil's vision faded to black.

"Thomas...." Virgil muttered, before collapsing to the hallway floor.

~~~~

Logan, Patton, and Roman met back in the living room. Roman looked angry, Patton looked upset, and Logan seemed apathetic at best.

"How did he get out? All the windows and doors are locked from the inside, so he can't have just jumped out or walked out." Roman said quickly.

"He can teleport." Logan said gently.

"That bast-"

"Roman watch your language! Clearly he overheard us talking about putting him in jail and calling him a problem! I'd leave too if I were him!" Patton said, clearly getting very angry.  Both other boys were immediately at Patton's side.

"Hey, take a deep breath Patton, it's okay. We'll find him and apologize. Would you like that?" Logan asked gently. Patton nodded a little, calming down.

"Sorry, sorry, it's- I don't mean to get that angry I'm sorry." Patton said, cursing his powers for their stupid drawback.

"We know Patton. Now, back to finding Virgil." Roman said, gently kissing Patton's cheek. Patton took a deep breath.

"Well, we can go check his house, we can tune into the police scanners and listen for crimes around the area." Roman said.

"We can search for any past close friends or family, i'm sure I can find out any recent ticket purchases for plane or bus or anything." Logan added.

Patton nodded.
"Logan, you stay and research while Roman and I head to go to his house. I remember how to get there." He said, quickly heading upstairs to go out on his superhero stuff, same with Roman.

"Let's go find him." Patton muttered.