Chapter 19: Believe

"Alright I know this sounds absolutely crazy, but I saw Logan. I talked to him last night. Remember my downside? I can talk to ghosts!" Virgil said, grinning. And of course the other two had bajillions of questions, and he did his best to answer them.

"It'll take me awhile to get used to not using my meds, and to controlling certain voices and letting Logan talk, but, I think I can do it." Virgil said, grinning excitedly. Oh how wrong he was.

~~~~~~

"Police, open up, we'd like to speak with you. Hello? Is anyone home?" A womans voice called through the door. Patton gasped, quickly going to open it.

"Hello ma'am, how may I help you?" Patton asked. The policewoman gave him a gentle smile.

"I'm here on the subject of a Mr. Logan Sanders, a murder victim found recently?" She said. Patton's face fell. She continued. "I'd just like to ask you three some questions." Patton took a shaky breath.

"Uhm, my boyfriend Roman is at work right now but Virgil and I are here, if that's good enough?" He asked softly. The police nodded, walking into the house. Patton led her to the kitchen.

"If you wanna wait here I can go get my boyfriend." Patton said, running upstairs and finding Virgil. Virgil was quietly playing video games on his phone, sitting on their shared bed.

"Vi, there's a police officer here. She wants to talk to us about Logan." Patton said. Virgil put his phone away, nodding.

"Does she seem like she's gonna arrest us?" Virgil asked softly. Patton shook his head, but quickly sent Roman a text saying that if they got arrested, they wouldn't be here when he got home. Patton walked downstairs with Virgil, taking him to the kitchen.

"Would you like some coffee, or anything to drink?" Patton asked gently. The woman shook her head, smiling.

"No, but thank you. I'm just here to ask a few easy questions. We just know that this must be a very hard time for you, Logan was your boyfriend correct?" She asked. Patton sat down across from her, Virgil hopping up onto the counter and sitting there.

"Yeah, Roman and I have been dating Logan for about two years... u-uhm, and Virgil just joined us about a month ago..." Patton muttered, getting a little emotional. The policewomans face softened slightly.

"I'm very very sorry for your loss..." She said, giving Patton a moment.

"I just- he got killed and nobody knows who did it- and he really didn't deserve to die however he did." Patton muttered, tearing up and starting to cry. Virgil walked over and gently rubbed Patton's back, tears in his eyes as well.

"I can answer any other questions?" Virgil said, keeping Patton close. The officer nodded.

"Did he say he was going out or doing anything before he dissapeared?" She asked softly. Virgil thought for a moment.

"He had he was going out to get something from the store, and he would be gone an hour or two. He had taken a few days off to spend some more time with us. That's all I know." Virgil muttered, the woman nodding. She looked around.

"He never seemed to be involved in any sort of bad buisness or gang activity?" She asked. Virgil shook his head quickly, Patton doing the same.

"No, never. Logan was really kind, and I don't think he'd have been able to go through with anything like that. He just worked at a library so I don't know why a gang would've got him." Virgil said softly. The woman nodded.

"And, may I ask, was Logan... different? In any way? If you know what I mean." She said gently. Virgil raised an eyebrow.

"Like... disabled? Well, he had Tourette's disorder, but, he was one of the smartest, most mentally sound people i've ever known." Virgil replied. Patton nodded.

"Yeah, and he- he graduated college two years early, worked a good job, I mean, nothing that someone would target him for." Patton added. Virgil nodded, and felt the familiar chill of ghost Logan's hand on his shoulder. He moved his hand to gently touch Logan's hand, but he couldn't feel the hand and ended up just rubbing his shoulder. The policewoman took a deep breath.

"Alright, that's all I have for now. Thank you gentlemen, i'll be on my way." She said. Virgil nodded, standing up and showing her out of the house. Patton looked at Virgil as the door shut.

"So... that went well..?" Patton mumbled quietly. Virgil nodded slightly. He saw Logan's ghost standing by Patton, looking like he wanted to hug Patton. Virgil smiled slightly. Despite everything he was still their caring little Logan.

"Patton, he's here..." Virgil said, taking a deep breath. Patton perked up a little.

"Where is he?" Patton asked, looking around the kitchen and then back over at Virgil. Virgil couldn't even reply before Patton started talking.

"Just, tell him that I love him more than anything and I hope he's happy wherever he is, and I miss him so, s-so m-much!" Patton said, starting to cry again. Virgil looked at Logan, tearing up a little.

"Pat, he's crying too. I think he misses us just as much as we miss him." Virgil said softly, walking into the kitchen and hugging Patton tightly.