Chapter 4 - Home

It was later that day and the two superheros at home hadn't let Virgil leave, despite the boys pleading.

"Virgil, it's too risky. You hit your head and until we're sure you're okay you're not leaving." Logan said gently, looking to the emo on the couch. Virgil shivered, a little afraid of the person he knew to be Logic.

"I- please, I'm a burden right now. It's not like I haven't passed out before." Virgil replied, freezing under the taller mans intense gaze.

When something touched his shoulder all breath left his body, lungs only refilling when he realized it was Patton, with a small plate with some amount of food on it. Virgil took it greatfully, trying to get his hands to stop shaking.

"What if we go with him?" Patton suggested to Logan. The logical trait looked to Patton, then back to Virgil.

"That works for me. How about you eat up and then we head to your home okay?" Logan suggested, before heading off. So, it was more of a statement. Virgil ate his food quickly, both nervous and wanting to get home.

"Don't mind Logan. He's a bit cold to newcomers, he takes awhile to open up. It took him a week to actually talk to me after we met." Patton said gently, sitting next to Virgil on the couch.

~~~~~

Soon enough Virgil was giving Logan directions to his 'house' as the taller drove him home, Patton currently in the back seat. Virgil let out a huff as they drove down the old country road.

"You live all the way out-"

"Turn right there." Virgil said, pointing to a road that only led to what looked like an old barn. Logan glanced back at Patton, looking a bit worried. Virgil got out of the car once it stopped, closing the door and heading towards the place he called home.

Logan and Patton followed behind, giving each other increasingly worried looks as they walked towards the barn, Virgil teleporting through the door leaving Patton to open it for himself and Logan.

The barn was not nice, for the record. Virgil lived in a literal barn. A mattress with a few blankets, A table with a plate or two on it, and a trash can was most of the stuff in the loft. On the bottom, a chest containing Virgil's clothes and other belongings minus the few things set on a shelf in the loft.

Logan looked around, gulping a little.
"Virgil... Do you really live here?" He asked softly. Virgil had climbed to the loft by this point, gathering most of his things that he needed and others he liked and put them in a bag.

"Not anymore, no." Virgil muttered.

"You're dang right not anymore! You can't live here!" Patton said, looking to the dark clad man who had teleported back to the ground floor.

"Yeah because you two know where it is. Now let me go. I don't need you, I don't need anyone! You and your sickeningly sweet relationshop and your nice house need to f-off. Im a villain, and nobody likes the villain." Virgil said, before Logan stomped his foot and Virgil was forced to freeze where he was and how he stood, unable to breathe even.

"Virgil, either you come home with us or we drop you off in costume and in handcuffs at thw police station." Logan said, Virgil's eyes widening and the boy gasping and choking for breath as he was released.

Patton looked at Virgil, about to go get him up when Logan blocked Patton with his arm. Virgil looked up at Logan and Patton. He was absolutely terrified. Logan could kill him here and now. He got up, walking over to Patton and Logan and saying nothing.

Logan nodded.
"Good choice." He said, leading Virgil and Patton back to the car and closing the door with a forcefield.

Virgil sat in the backseat, staring out the window silently on the way back. Patton turned around in his seat the best he could.

"Hey Virg-"

"Shut it. Please. Just don't talk to me right now." Virgil interrupted, Logan glaring at the boy in the backseat.

Patton shut his mouth and looked back out the front windshield, Logan taking his hand and mumbling a few comforting words.

Virgil felt like crying. He just wanted to be home laying in bed and feeding the barn cat, trying to figure out how he was going to feed himself. Anywhere but stuck in the backseat of the scariest man on the planet and his probably upset boyfriend with another loud, angry man at home.