Chapter 5 - Ouch

Virgil started crying on their way back. He didn't want to be here, he didn't want to leave his home and what familiarity he had. Logan started to feel a little bad for what he had said.

"Virgil, stop crying. Nothing's wrong, you're safe." Logan said softly. Virgil looked up at Logan with a fire in his eyes but said nothing. Logan could never understand how this felt.

"You have no right to say that." Virgil muttered, looking back out the window as he continued to cry.

"I have the constitutional right to free speech." Logan replied, Virgil just pulling his hoodie hood over his face and shutting up. Patton looked to Logan.

"Honey maybe we shouldn't-"

Patton was interrupted by a happy tone coming from his phone. Seems he was getting a phone call. The moral hero picked it up.

"Hey Ro..." Patton said softly, looking a little upset. He had definitely felt bad for yelling at Roman earlier over something so dumb.

"Hey babe. I really shouldn't have been so mean to Virgil. I thought about it, you were right. I'm sorry for being so difficult." Roman apologized immediately. Patton smiled a little.

"It's fine Ro. And I'm sorry for yelling and being so cross you didn't deserve that." Patton replied gently. The two boys talked for a little longer, before Logan pulled up in the driveway.

"We're home." Logan said, getting out of the car and taking Virgil inside, who was still crying silently. Patton ran in and hugged Roman who had shown back up while they were out, causing Roman to pepper the others face in tiny kisses.

Virgil just turned away and sat on the couch and curled up and fiddled with his sleeves, tensing as Logan touched his knee.

"Virgil, are you okay?" Logan asked gently.

"Fuck off. You've done your damage for today. I'm staying here, are you happy now? Thanks for terrifying the shit out of me and taking away the only thing keeping me grounded in this world. Now I don't get to go home ever again and as soon as you let me out of here I'm getting as far away from this damn city as I can. I hope you're happy with yourself, Logic." Virgil muttered, before getting up and going to the bathroom. He just locked himself in and sunk to the floor.

Logan looked a little stunned. Why did Virgil hate him so much? They were just trying to make sure he was okay.

"Hello my love... Is everything alright?" The dramatic man asked, Logan sighing and hugging Roman, hiding his face in Romans neck.

"I don't know..." Logan muttered. He felt... He felt pretty bad for what they were doing to Virgil as the villains words truly sunk in. Roman rubbed Logans back.

"What did Virgil do babe?" Roman asked next, looking down at Logan who took a deep breath.

"Nothing."

~~~~

It was dinnertime and Virgil wouldn't come out of that bathroom to eat. Patton had been trying for forever to get the boy to open up.

"You need to eat to grow up big and strong." Patton hummed, and through the door you could hear a sigh.

"I'm already a grown up." Virgil replied quietly. "Look, I'm not hungry okay? I don't want to eat. I'm gonna be fine." In reality he didn't want to have to sit with Logan or Roman. And he also didn't want to have to watch them all be sweet and lovey and nice. Virgil hadn't ever had that, even as a child, so it just hurt his heart especially since they were all so... Themselves.

"Please? Just a little food? You don't even have to eat all of it." Patton pleaded. Virgil sighed and wiped off his face quickly, making sure he looked fine before opening the door.

"Fine. I'll eat." Virgil said softly. Patton grinned and hugged Virgil.

"Amazing! We'll be in the kitchen. It's pasta for dinner!" Patton chirped, running off to the other two to wait for Virgil and eat dinner. Virgil let out a sigh, heading down there slowly and putting one headphone in, playing music off his practically ancient (stolen) mp3 player. He left the other out in case anyone tried to talk to him. Music had always helped with his anxiety, it gave him something to focus on and drown out the world with.

Virgil sat at the table, joining the other three who were already there and eating without him. He really was disposable to them and he wasn't going to lie it hurt. The emo picked at his pasta, taking a few small bites once and awhile.

"Virgil. No music during mealtimes." Roman hummed, Virgil frowning slightly.

"Oh. Sorry." He mumbled, turning it off and fidgeting in his seat as he took another bite. Logan looked a little concerned but said nothing. The three others went back to talking. Virgil excused himself early, grabbing his bag and going to the bathroom. He turned on the water in the bath, sitting in the tub in his clothes and plunging his head under the water and shutting his eyes tightly.

"Virgil, help me!"

"Virgil i want to talk to you"

"Help!"

"Aide moi s'il te plait"

"Quiero pasar"

"我很久以前去世了"

"Non posso andare avanti"

"LET ME PASS ON!"

Virgil gasped and choked for breath as he brought his head back into the air, hyperventilating a little before calming down slightly. He stood up, wiping off his face before finding a towel and changing, drying the water off of himself, and trying to stay calm.

Thank god for his medicine or he'd be hearing them all the time. He continued to hear the voices as he went to his bag and took a pill. Why did the downside to his power have to be hearing dead people?

The other three had downsides to their powers as well.

Roman, with his forcefield powers. He could create shields and walls at will. But he had incredibly terrible nightmares and daydreamed to an extreme, he had very little focus even as an adult.

Logan could freeze small pockets of time, like what he had done with Virgil at his old home. He could also move things with his mind and make them float. But with that came his ticks. He would occasionally twitch, or clap his hands, his knee would jolt up if he was sitting, just general ticks.

Pattons was less obvious. He had speed and could defy gravity, like walking on walls and hanging from the ceiling, floating through air because why not. But his downside was intense emotions. He would cry every time he saw a cute dog. He got sad very easily and went on impluse baking sprees when he was happy.

Virgil could teleport and he had a black energy that he could create spikes and dangerous shapes out of. His downside was that he could hear voices of and sometimes see people who had passed away.

Life was shitty sometimes.