Chapter 18: Hard times

TW: Mentions of death, Mentions of stabbing, ghosts

Two men found dead in a building outside the city. Saturday night, police got an anonymous call about two bodies in an old abandoned building. When the police got there, two men were found dead. In an odd move both men were seemingly changed into the clothes they wore when police got there after they died. Both died in what seems like very traumatic ways, one was stabbed and the other was beaten to death. The victims have been identified as Remus Noble, and Logan Samuel, two average men. The police are unsure of motive or killers. If you have any information, please call the police."

Patton sniffled, watching the news reporter lady on TV. Virgil wouldn't deny he was near tears. The emo man walked over, shutting off the tv.

"We have to go to bed. And stop listening to this stuff, it won't help." Virgil muttered, picking Patton up off the couch and carrying the moral one upstairs to bed. He laid Patton down next to Roman.

"Ro? You alright?" Virgil muttered, looking at his other boyfriend. No response. Patton sniffled again, cuddling close to Roman. At least Roman moved to cuddle close to Patton. Virgil hummed.

"Get some sleep you two. I love you." Virgil mumbled, heading back downstairs. Virgil collapsed, sitting at the kitchen table. He put his head in his hands, gripping his hair tightly and finally letting a sob escape. He couldn't let himself cry in front of the other two.

"Virgil?"

Virgil choked on his own breath, flinching and looking around frantically. That was Logan's voice. He had heard... no.. he was going crazy. Logan was dead. Virgil was tense as he sat at the table, tears now streaming down his face as he stayed silent. Virgil took a shaky breath.

"Why couldn't it have been me... why didn't they just kill me... I would've traded me for you in an instant. I tried Logan, I swear... i'm so sorry...!" Virgil cried. He felt himself collapse inside, and then of course his pills worse off. He could hear their voices.

"Let me pass on..."
"Let go...."
"I want to leave"
"Save us..."

"Virgil."

Virgil looked up again, pausing. That had been Logan's voice. That was Logan's voice, it had to be. Virgil groaned loudly as he started to get a headache. Stupid downside, making him hear dead people. Virgil got up to find his pills, but the second he turned around he instantly stumbled back, running into the table. He nearly screamed.

"Virgil?"

"L-L-Logan? You're dead, how are you- No, i'm just hallucinating-"

"Virgil." Logan repeated.

"It's not you! Logan isn't bloody and bruised, Logan isn't half see through, Logan is DEAD!" Virgil sobbed, staring at the ghost in front of him, the faint body of Logan, standing there in the kitchen. He was beaten and cut up and bruised, and see through.

"Virgil, me. Promise." Logan repeated. He seemed to only be able to speak in short sentences and words. Virgil stared at the ghost, tearing up again for a whole different reason.

"L-Logan? It-... i'm so sorry!" Virgil cried, Logan's eyes widening and the ghost floated over to Virgil, placing his hand on Virgil's arm. A chill went through Virgil's entire body.

"Ok." Logan said softly, giving Virgil a small reassuring smile. That perfect Logan smile. Virgil... felt oddly reassured by the word. It- it was okay. Soon enough the other voices started to leak in, the other more angry spirits. Virgil glanced at Logan's ghost, quickly getting overwhelmed by all the voices and covering his ears with his hands which did nothing.

"Shut up!" Virgil yelled, eventually taking his pills, and all the voices and people faded away, including Logan. Virgil took a deep breath, glancing in the mirror.

They were gonna have to sort things out quick. He wanted to see his boyfriend again.