Chapter 21: Patrol

Virgil took a deep breath.

"I've never done this before, what am I supposed to look out for?" Virgil asked gently, looking around. He was perched on the edge of a building, watching the streets below.

"Crimes, robbers, muggers, watch for creepy guys following ladies we see that a whole ton." Roman said, taking a deep breath. First time patrolling without Logan.

It was rough. It didn't feel the same without their Logan, but, it had to be done. And now they had Virgil to join them as well, because despite everything Virgil wanted to help how he could. He figured it would've been more painful for just Patton and Roman to go out.

"Okay, that doesn't sound too bad." Virgil said. Virgil looked around, hopping to the next building over and looking around. He looked down at the street, seeing a teenager getting trailed by a much bigger guy. Virgil jumped down off the roof, landing next to the kid.

"Hey, is that guy behind you someone you know?"  Virgil asked softly. The teenager turned around, shaking their head quickly.

"Okay, well i'll walk you home then, or to wherever you're going." Virgil said, walking with the kid.

"Thank you I... I'm just on my way home from my friends, my mom couldn't come pick me up." The kid said. Virgil nodded, glancing back. The guy had realized who Virgil was and backed off.

"How far do you live from here?" Virgil asked. The kid pointed ahead of them.

"Just down the road here, in an apartment. Thank you for helping me." The kid said. "I'm Emile."

"I'm Anxiety, nice to meet you kid. Maybe from now on spend the night instead of walking home. The streets get really dangerous, especially for kids." Virgil said gently. Emile nodded.

"Yessir." Emile hummed. Virgil led Emile up to the building, waving to Emile as they walked inside the apartment building. Virgil turned around and looked to see if the guy was still there, no man able to be found. Good, creeps get beat up. Virgil teleported back up to the top of the buildings, running and hopping from one building to another as he ran across the city.

"Can I get some help Corner Main and 4th Ave?" Roman said. Virgil smiled. This was actually so fun, to be out like this. Virgil teleported there, looking around quickly.

"What's going on?" Virgil asked, crouching next to Roman.

"Two guys taking apart an ATM, right over there, see?" Roman said. Virgil nodded, looking over them quickly. He stuck his hand out, a small purple flash happening and the guys screwdriver was now in Virgil's hand.

"What the fuck?" Roman heard the guy say, snickering and hugh fiving Virgil. Roman looked at Virgil.

"We gonna get these guys?" Roman asked. Virgil set aside the screwdriver, smiling.

"Why not? But let's let them think they're gonna get away with cash first." Virgil said, Roman snickering and both of them going quiet to watch the two robbers try.

"Babies could rob an atm better than these two." Roman said. Virgil giggled, Patton dropping down from the roof and smiling.

"Just two guys thinkin they know more than they do." Patton said gently. Roman snickered, taking Virgil's hand and the three of them snuck across the street, behind the two guys.

"Havin' fun, guys?" Roman asked. The two yurned around, knives drawn. Patton chuckled.

"Looks like you won't be making much profit tonight!" Patton said. One of the guys lunged for Roman, the prince putting up his forcefeild and hitting the guy with it, Virgil teleporting behind the other one and tripping him, Patton grabbing the knife from his hand. What a fun time, the trio fighting criminals.

It felt really nice for Virgil. To be on the other side of the crime, to not be the one commiting the crime. No stealing food or money, no fighting Roman and Patton, just him and his boyfriends doing some good work together.

Virgil punched the other guy knocking him over. They both got up and sprinted away, Virgil laughing.

"That was so fun! I loved that! Good job guys." Virgil said. Roman laughed happily and high fived both his boyfriends. 

"Good job. Back to work, we've got two hours left until it's time to get home." Roman said gently, smiling. Virgil nodded and teleported off to go watch out for other crimes. He loved this, being one of the good guys. He wondered if Roman and Patton had felt like this when fighting him. Virgil wouldn't have blamed them! It was good adrenaline!