Chapter 3

Recap:

I am in 'The Selection' and life can never be the same again.

Departure

"Rosie? Are you awake?" I open my eyes to see Em perched at the end of my bed.

"Yeah. What time is is?"

"5:00am."

"Jesus Em!" I groan and she chuckles.

"You never were a morning person." She murmurs gently."

"Yeah, so why try to make me one now?" I grumble quietly but she either doesn't hear me or chooses to ignore me.

"Come on, I've got a film and some snacks for us downstairs."

"It's not The Notebook again is it? Because if it is I swear-"

"No it's not." She laughs, cutting me off. "I promise. Come on."

I stand up and grab my duvet so I can bring it with me. When we get downstairs I see Em has really gone all out. It's beautiful. It's so touching to see the efforts she's gone to to make my last day so special.

Around the room, fairy lights are hung and candles flicker in all parts of the room. On the left side of the sofa is her duvet, all placed ready for her to crawl into. On the table in front of the sofa, popcorn, crisps, sweets and chocolate weigh it down. There's also two large steaming mugs of hot chocolate. The TV is on the menu for Love Actually, one of my favourite movies ever. I look at Em and can't stop the tear taut falls from my left eye. God.. what is happening to me?! She offers me a small smile and gently wipes it away with his thumb.

"I know you don't want to do this little sis. I wouldn't want to either if I was in your position, but you've got to be brave. You're a Princeton. We're strong. We're survivors; fighters. I know you'll flourish in England. And who knows? You might even catch someone's heart...?" She winks playfully at the end.

I laugh despite myself and give her a big hug.

"Thanks Em. You're an amazing sister you know that?"

"I know." She wiggles her eyebrows playfully. I roll my eyes and lightly slap her arm.

"Whatever miss my ego's so big I can hardly fit in this room. Let's get this film started!"

Emma heads to the sofa and sits down, snuggling under her duvet. I follow suit and curl up under mine, leaning into her so her arm's around me and I'm snuggled into her side. We grab our hot chocolates and she presses play. The film begins, and my worries just slip away.

➰➰➰

After the film finishes, Em shoos me upstairs to change and finish packing insisting she's happy to tidy up downstairs.

The letter told me to wear black pants and a white top so I rustle through my wardrobe obligingly. I throw an outfit onto the bed and grab my towel before heading into the shower.

I spend a long time in the shower. I wash my hair with anti-dandruff shampoo, then with normal shampoo (to leave a nice scent). I also treat my hair to conditioner and my body to some luxury vanilla shower gel. I stay in the shower for as long as I can bear, until I start to wrinkle like a prune, before stepping out and into my towel. I wrap a towel around my head and return to my bedroom.

The house remains silent and I note the clock beside my bed reads 8:00. Wow. Already? The film was just over 2 hours though, and I guess I did just have the longest shower ever recorded. Shaking my head I throw on my black leggings, favourite belt, black heled boots and chic white blouse (pictured below). Proud with my appearance, I find some black socks and slip on some black heeled ankle-boots.