Chapter 4

Recap:

Reluctantly, I make my way into the jet and watch the three most important people in my world stood linked arm in arm. The jets' engine starts and we behind to move. I watch my family from the window as they shrink into three minuscule dots in the distance before the clouds force them out of view.

Arrival

"So you're a Prince?" I'm bored and have decided to make the most of Dylan's company.

"Yeah. Dylan Curtis Fennelsworth."

"How old are you?" I ask curiously.

"19. I'll be 20 towards the end of this year. And Prince Stefan's 20, turning 21 in seven months time in September. If I recall correctly, you turned 19 in November?"

"Yeah. Correct." I grin. "Lucky lucky me. So does every girl have their own escort and private jet?"

"Yeah."

"Holy cow. That's 60 escorts, and 60 freaking private jets!"

"Ah, a top mathematician I see. Glad to see you're good with your numbers." He smirks, clearly amused.

"Shut up." I groan in embarrassment. "How come they sent you? You're royalty!"

"Ah yes. Well the King, he ummm, isn't too keen on me. Let's just put it that way for now. Anyway! It's my turn to ask you some stuff now!"

"Fine." I huff. "Just have my back at the palace." For some reason, I get the sense I can trust him. Dylan seems a nice guy; I like him.

"Okay...?"

"Well you're a Prince meaning you live at the palace right? And I don't know anyone so it'll be nice to have a familiar, friendly face." I justify.

"Deal. So why are you so opposed to all of this?" He asks.

My eyebrows shoot up and knit together as I ponder what to say. But I remember the deal we just struck so I decide to tell him the truth.

"I've never left America, nor have I ever left my family before. And I have no desire to; I figured when I eventually left home and the country it'd be on my terms. Not to go up against some of the bitchiest girls America has to offer in some stupid competition to win the Prince's heart. I don't even know him - and I don't particularly want to either. And I'll admit to being a firm believer in true love - love at first sight." I sigh and look at Dylan to try and gauge his reaction.

"Okay... Promise me something."

"What?" I groan in frustration.

"Promise me you'll give him a chance?"

I think about it, for a long time. It's not the most outrageous thing to ask I guess? I'm here now; it's too late to turn back. So what's the harm in atleast giving this whole thing a chance? Try make the most of it...

"Fine!" I sigh in resignation. "But do me a favour."

"What?"

"Wake me when we're there." I yawn and the last thing I hear before sleep takes over are the soft chuckles belonging to Dylan.

➰➰➰

"Rosaline. Rosaline? Rosaline!"

A man's voice calls me but I don't want to wake up.

"5 more minutes!" I plead but the voice doesn't go away.

"We landed 15 minutes ago. Let's go."

That wakes me up. I sit up and am temporarily confused. Landed?! Where the heck am I?