Chapter 6

Recap:

"You have no idea" Stefan winks, so I just nod deciding to drop the subject. I shrug and straighten back into my chair. Lexi is still chatting away, completely unaware of the exchange that just took place. I like her.

Food Fight Fun

Breakfast finishes and the Royal Family leave, including Dylan who promises to find me later as soon as he can. Lexi and I stick together when we are ushered into a large room to wait for our meeting with the Prince. It's called the Queen's Waiting Room and is beautifully designed, just like every other room in this palace. It's simple, as palaces go, with marble walls and floor and ivory white couches scattered all around the edge of the room. All the couches have white satin drapes and stand on four gold legs.

Lexi and I share a couch and start talking about the competition. The girls are being seen in no particular order, and no specific length of time. It all seemed random.

"I never wanted to come." I admitted to her honestly.

"Really? Not even for the food and ball gowns?" Lexi laughs.

I shake my head smiling. "Mind you, the food seems a pretty good reason to try stay in the competition as long as possible." I smirked.

"True. You know-"

"Lexi Delmonte!" The young lady's voice cuts off Lexi's sentence and she stands. She walks towards the doors, and turns her head back at the last minute. She pulls a cross eyed face and and sticks out her tongue at me. I giggle and notice some of the others girls looking at us disdainfully.

But I really don't care.

The other girls leave and eventually, I'm the last one left. I swing my legs as I nervously wait. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I've already met him... Surely that should make me less nervous...? I find myself excited too though, almost aching to see him. When I realise just how excited I am to see him again, I frown and shake myself. I can't be getting attached already. I've met him once for less then 15 minutes. There's 49 other girls here, and I can't afford to lose my heart.

"Rosaline Princeton!" The lady calls. I stand and take a moment to steady myself. Then, I advance across the room to the door where the man who already owns my thoughts is waiting.

"Your highness!" I greet and make my way to the centre of the room in front of him and curtesy. He's sitting on a luxury couch similar to the ones next door that Lexi, the other girls and myself waited on, only it's larger and even classier. I notice a small smile tug at the corners of his mouth.

"Rosaline." He returns, and I find his voice to be even more entrancing than it was last night. After a small pause, he flicks his eyes to the young woman hovering by the doors behind us. I make to stand from my curtesy when the young lady suddenly shouts me down.

"Miss Princeton! No that will not do!" She rushes to my side and bends over to whisper in my ear. "You do not rise until the Prince tells you to!" She hisses and I roll my eyes and huff inwardly. On the outside though, I flinch. She's scary.

"You can leave us now Caroline."

"But your Highness-"

"I'll be fine. Leave us please. Thank you."

She bobs her head and leaves the room.

"Nice to see you again Rosaline." He greets. I glance up at him and offer a small smile.

"Likewise."

I don't straighten for fear that the lady is spying on me from behind a one way window or something. It wouldn't surprise me if she was.