Chapter 31

Recap:

"Guess it's time to get this party started..." Stefan smirks, turning on some music and approaching me with another shot. "Here's to us."

We Own The Night

Almost a full bottle of vodka later, Stefan and I are headed to the club. It's safe to say we're both very drunk. We're both stamped, to signify we're under age, before we enter the heaving club. It's packed. I smile at Stefan, leading him to the bar. I'm relieved to see the Jesse is the bartender is on this evening. He knows my sister. "Hey Rosa! What are you and your friend having?" He grins. Glancing at a drunk Stefan, I shrug indicating I don't really mind. "Cranberry juice?" He nods before moving off to get our drinks; when he returns he places them down and I swipe my card to pay. "Enjoy the twist." He winks, bringing a finger to his lips before moving off to serve someone else.

"Here." I pass Stefan his, grinning as he takes a sip. His eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "Is there vodka in here?"

"Maybe?" I smile innocently. "The bartender knows my sister." I explain. "Anyway, dance?" He nods happily, taking my hand and leading me onto the dancefloor.

🎵We may only have tonight
But till the morning sun you're mine, all mine🎵

Taking Stefan's hand, I spin before pushing my back against his front. Bringing his arms down, I rest them on my shoulders and bop in time to the music with him.

🎵And I will keep you in my mind
The way you make love so fine🎵

I smile, drunk with alcohol and with love. Love... The song ends, a slightly more upbeat one coming on.

🎵May our hearts be full like our drinks tonight
May we sing and dance till we lose our minds
We are only young if we seize the night🎵

I smile, turning to face Stefan so we're dancing face to face. He holds me in his arms as we move together in time to the music.

🎵Tonight we own the night
Tonight we own the night🎵

Upon the end of this song, I pull Stefan to the photo booth in the club where we proceed to pose for a selection of four different shots. Smiling, I take the print outs and hold them to my chest. We look so happy and carefree (and drunk ofcourse) in them and I just know I'll treasure them forever. Placing them in Stefan's pocket for safekeeping, we make our way back to the bar for a top up.

We spend the rest of the night alternating between dancing and drinking; but we decide to call it quits around 2/3am and head back to our hotel. Stefan hails a cab for us, and we sit curled up together on the backseat - still warm and fuzzy from the alcohol. It's not a long drive before we arrive back and I can't help but feel a twinge of sorrow. Stefan leaves ... today... but I suppress the thought determined not to turn into a blubbering mess.

We make our way to the hotel's courtyard, rather than heading striaght back to our room. It's beautiful; the floor is made of nrick and there's a stone fireplace. A selection fo chairs are scattered surrounding the fireplace and fairly lights adorn the trees and brick pillars (see below).

 A selection fo chairs are scattered surrounding the fireplace and fairly lights adorn the trees and brick pillars (see below)