Chapter 37 ♥ Hide and Seek

Stacy,

As I looked through my closet for something to wear for tomorrow night, I heard footsteps coming down the hallway, heading my way. I peaked out my room closet and saw Ree looking around.

"Hey." I told her and she looked my way.

"There you are. You're a good hider for one." She said. I slightly laughed and shook my head.

"I wasn't hiding, I'm trying to find a dress for tomorrow night.." I said.

"How about we go out?" She said and I thought about it.

"Now?" I questioned and she nodded her head.

"Okay." I said shrugging, walking out the closet looking for my shoes. This is a good moment to make up the times we missed. Once I got on my shoes, I began to search for my phone but I couldn't find it anywhere. I swear I thought I left it on the bed...

August.

"Ree, can I see your phone for a minute?" I asked.

"Sure. What's up?" She said unlocking it.

"August has my phone." I told her, dialing my number. Her eyes became wide and I knew she had to be somewhat furious. I don't blame her though, but I has to get that phone back. If Chris called, and August answered, it would be the end of me

"Yess?" I heard August say in a cocky tone.

"Where are you?" I asked him.

"Somewhere." He chuckled.

"August, I'm serious, I need my phone back." I told him, heading downstairs with Ree.

"Why? You can go a day without ya' phone."

"And you can go a day without being a dumb ass." I shot at him and he groaned.

"Good one sweetheart."

"If you don't give me my phone-"

"You'll what? Hm? Call Chris?" I had no choice but to call him. August was really working my nerves and he was getting closer and closer to my breaking point. "Call him and see what happens." He hung up and I huffed.

"What he say?" Ree asked.

"He's not giving my phone back for sure." I told her. "I'm calling Chris." I mumbled loud enough for her to hear. August is just trying to push his limitations with me. I dialed Chris's number and waited for him to answer.

"Wassup?"

"Heyy." I said softly.

"Hey bae. What's wrong?" He asked. Knowing him, instinctively, he would think something was wrong when I called from a different phone. 

I managed to get the guts and tell him. "August has my phone." I said and it was dead silent on the other end.

"What the fuck you mean he has your phone?" Chris said, anger showing through his voice. I couldn't respond because I was afraid of what he might do next.

"Stacy."

"...Huh?"

"Can you answer my question?"

I sighed. "I rather not." I said.

"Why is that?"

"Cause it's going to hurt you..." I said softly and he got quiet on the other end. "Okay, where is he?" He said, finally.

"I don't know, he wouldn't even say."

I heard him mumbled something, but I couldn't really make it out. "Meet me at 7/11 and we'll start from there. He can't be that far with your phone."