flammable // k. bakugou; dragon king, pt ii

word count: 5.3k

summary: one has feelings for the other, the other doesn't know it. and person one, doesn't know that person two reciprocates the feelings. sometimes it just takes getting kidnapped in order for someone to realize it.

...

"were you fucking dropped on your head as a damn baby?!"

"wh-what?!"

"i can't believe you fucking talked me into this, shitty girl!

"you promised to help me!"

"i am!"

"no, you're not!"

"yes, i fucking am!"

"why are you yelling at me?!"

"i'm not yelling!"

"yes, you are!"

"you're both yelling, actually," kirishima corrected.

you whined, "kiri-kun, you're supposed to be on my side."

"i prefer to be the neutral party here," he replied.

"oi, don't forget who fucking saved your ass, shitty dragon!" bakugou growled. "and i wouldn't be fucking yelling if you actually knew how to hold a fucking sword!"

"it's not my fault!"

"i didn't fucking say it was!"

it had been almost three months since bakugou and kirishima had found you in the woods, when you'd passed out from undernourishment and exhaustion right in front of them after trespassing into their territory. it was both a blessing and a curse living with a dragon king and his loyal dragon. most days were filled with adventures and exploring the territory with kirishima by your side, or trying to help bakugou with hunting and cooking food. but it was a day for bakugou to lose his temper with everything, a wonderful day for him to teach you how to use a sword.

"why am i even doing this?" you pouted. "you obviously don't want to teach me, baku-kun."

he rolled his eyes, "in case neither shitty hair or i am here, and someone decides to wander through the territory, you can fucking defend yourself. you can't fucking depend on us for everything."

"i know that," you huffed. "kiri-kun, why can't you teach me? bakugou's no fun."

the dragon shrugged, "swords aren't my thing as much as they are bakugou's."

"just be glad i'm even teaching you, shitty girl," the blond grumbled. "now, to hold a fucking sword, don't grip it like that or you're gonna fucking damage something."

"isn't that the point?" you mumbled under your breath.

"the fuck was that?!"

you stiffened, "nothing! uh, you were saying?"

he groaned, "just–just hold it like i am, alright?"

you eyed the way he gripped the hilt of his sword, attempting to copy the same hold with your own. "like this?"

he rolled his eyes, "no, you dumbass, like this."

the boy came up behind you, his chest pressed against your back and his hands gently touching your own as he fixed the placement. it was strange for him to be gentle, but he had his moments.

bakugou katsuki was probably the strangest boy you'd ever met from the moment you met him, and it seemed to have only gotten stranger the longer you stayed with him and kirishima. he was often brash and short-tempered, having childlike outbursts then and again. he would scold you if you didn't do something the way he'd told you to, or he'd get mad that you weren't listening to his warnings–the warnings you heard every night. but, at the same time, he was caring (in his own special way).